Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY
Bliss Stage

Bliss Stage is a game about Love and Loss. And Giant Robots. It is from the same guy who made polaris and it is pretty neat, if in need of a few rules tweaks to turn down the creep factor a bit. With some work it can be rethemed into any game about child soldiers.

RULESET: Lite
SUPPORT: DIY
CHARGEN: Involved*
SETTING: Established

*mechanically chargen is not so bad, but considering everyone is making multiple characters and assigning relationships to them, there is a large amount of up front work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY

Exercu posted:

This might be a special request, but a friend of mine asked me to run a game with the children he's taking care of. The children first and foremost want awesome dragons and magic to permeate the setting. That's not a biggie, that's pretty much fantasy staple. On the other hand, they're ages 10-13, some of them having ADHD, and the more complex combat systems get, the less they'll be able to grok it. Anyone have any idea of what game system would be good for some bog standard fantasy with dragons and sword fights, yet without being overly complex for children?

My friend played Everyone is John with them, and they found it amusing, but lacking dragons, so I think I need to incorporate dragons.

Run Dread Dungeons with them. Dread is a great system for ADHD kids because it can offer the same ideas of combat teamwork (let it reduce pulls), and resource management, in a very very tangible form.