Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Okay, so it looks like 20-25 fps in cities is what I can expect. I'll have to live with it. I'm going to start playing tonight, I think.

I'm half-tempted to do a Let's Play, but I'm probably not funny enough. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shes In Parties
Apr 30, 2009

Imperialism is a manifestation of state terrorism.
Few things!

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=7380

There's a "Less Generic Nerevarine" made by the same fella who did the Bloodmoon and Tribunal ones. It's pretty awesome.

I'd also really recommend LGNPC : Pax Redoran.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
Ended up turning down my grass to 35% and my meshes to 75% (what does that part of static creation actually do, anyway?) but I finally cleared 25fps average in Balmora and a solid 30-35 elsewhere outdoors. I read earlier in this thread/the last thread to un-check "misc objects" during static creation, but there wasn't any explanation about what that did or how big of a gain it actually got you, can anyone illuminate that a little more?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Red Baron posted:

Ended up turning down my grass to 35% and my meshes to 75% (what does that part of static creation actually do, anyway?) but I finally cleared 25fps average in Balmora and a solid 30-35 elsewhere outdoors. I read earlier in this thread/the last thread to un-check "misc objects" during static creation, but there wasn't any explanation about what that did or how big of a gain it actually got you, can anyone illuminate that a little more?

MGE's Static Creation Mesh Detail controls the level of detail that distant objects are rendered (objects like trees and rocks rendered in distant cells.) You can generally get away with lowering this value without a significant penalty to visuals, since the objects are far away.

If you choose to include "miscellaneous objects" in your Distant Land Static Generation, the game will generate everything from barrels to lamps in distant cells. Obviously this can negatively impact performance if you're running a lot of mods and mesh-replacements for everyday items. I leave this unchecked, since I don't really care if the game doesn't render boxes and barrels three cells away from me.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

MGE's Static Creation Mesh Detail controls the level of detail that distant objects are rendered (objects like trees and rocks rendered in distant cells.) You can generally get away with lowering this value without a significant penalty to visuals, since the objects are far away.

If you choose to include "miscellaneous objects" in your Distant Land Static Generation, the game will generate everything from barrels to lamps in distant cells. Obviously this can negatively impact performance if you're running a lot of mods and mesh-replacements for everyday items. I leave this unchecked, since I don't really care if the game doesn't render boxes and barrels three cells away from me.

Oh! That makes a lot more sense. I'll definitely try lowering the meshes even more and unchecking the misc objects. Any idea at what percentage do distant meshes start to look "bad"?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Red Baron posted:

Oh! That makes a lot more sense. I'll definitely try lowering the meshes even more and unchecking the misc objects. Any idea at what percentage do distant meshes start to look "bad"?

It definitely depends on what sorts of meshes you're talking about. I imagine most people are using Vurt's trees, but some of his trees fare well with 50% of their detail being cut. Others...not so much. I usually go ~75% mesh detail. I think 50% is the threshold where everything starts looking bad.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Wow, Morrowind actually looks BETTER than Oblivion. The NPC faces and textures all look thousands of times better.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I am getting the following error

Model Load Error: Meshes\Ice\NR\Ice_RobeCom01hood_M.nif cannot load file in Meshes\Ice\NR\Ice_RobeCom01hood_M.nif.

It makes npc's wearing robes have a big yellow box around them with an exclamation mark. Does anyone know what the problem is here? The game is working pretty nice otherwise.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
You probably have a mod that requires Ice Robes or whatever it's called.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

ParagonParadox27 posted:

You probably have a mod that requires Ice Robes or whatever it's called.

Is that not included in the stuff from the OP? The only mods I have are from the OP and the Gratuitous Violence mod.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
Just installed the overhaul pack and was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to install and tweak. And it looks great even on a laptop that can't do any of the advanced graphical stuff. MUCH easier to get working than Oblivion mods.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
So I'm playing, and doing a Let's Play, and there's 2 people right at the edgeo f Seyda Neen. AS soon as they see me, they summon Ancestral Ghosts and attack. Obviously, I die. Often.

Any idea what mod might be causing this? I do have the Delayed Brotherhood Attack mod enabled...

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
Huh, I don't think there are any hostile people outside near Seyda Neen (the cave is a different story). It must be some kind of mod. I can't say if it's that specific mod, but if it's the only one, it must be. Actually, what are the aggressor's names?

edit: Holy poo poo, I just blew my mind. Weapon damage isn't random, it's based on how far back you wind up before you release the attack button; that's why fast weapons have a higher min damage (and how enemies took thirty hits to die). Now the game's just going to be even easier.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Ok I fixed my robe mesh problem, but now I am running into a new problem. Sometimes my game just crashes. There aren't any error messages or anything, it just closes. It is still playable, I would just have to quicksave a lot, but does anyone know what could be causing this?

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

e: Never mind, I got it working by uninstalling some keyboard driver with "109" in the name!

Although if anyone can tell me why turning on AA in MGE XE makes my cursor disappear in menus, I'd be ecstatic. I really just wanna see if I can turn that function on without serious damage to my framerate...

Red Baron fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Aug 17, 2011

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

soscannonballs posted:

Ok I fixed my robe mesh problem, but now I am running into a new problem. Sometimes my game just crashes. There aren't any error messages or anything, it just closes. It is still playable, I would just have to quicksave a lot, but does anyone know what could be causing this?

Welcome to Morrowind.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

Shinino Kage posted:

So I'm playing, and doing a Let's Play, and there's 2 people right at the edgeo f Seyda Neen. AS soon as they see me, they summon Ancestral Ghosts and attack. Obviously, I die. Often.

Any idea what mod might be causing this? I do have the Delayed Brotherhood Attack mod enabled...

This is probably MCA or some other NPC addition mod that includes hostile entities as part of its leveled lists, scripted spawns, or hand-placed entries.

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010

soscannonballs posted:

Is it random or does it happen in the same place? I had the same thing happen and it turned out to be the Poorly Placed Object.esm doing something.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

ParagonParadox27 posted:

This is probably MCA or some other NPC addition mod that includes hostile entities as part of its leveled lists, scripted spawns, or hand-placed entries.

It may be. I don't have MCA (I did Starfire's NPC Mod), but here's my load list. I haven't been able to get either of the NPC's names. The kicker is that since they summon Ancestral Ghosts, I can't attack /either/ of them 'cause normal weapons do no damage. I do know that Necessities of Morrowind make this harder because of having stamina turned on, so I fall to the ground defenseless when I run out (and the ghosts damage stamina).

GameFile0=BT_Whitewolf_2_0.esm
GameFile1=Bloodmoon Landscape Overhaul 1.0.esm
GameFile2=Bloodmoon.esm
GameFile3=GDR_MasterFile.esm
GameFile4=MW_Children_1_0.esm
GameFile5=Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta (BTB Edit).esm
GameFile6=Morrowind.esm
GameFile7=Poorly Placed Object Fix.esm
GameFile8=StinkersBE.esm
GameFile9=TR_Data.esm
GameFile10=TR_Map1.esm
GameFile11=TR_Map2.esm
GameFile12=Texture Fix 2.0.esm
GameFile13=The Undead.esm
GameFile14=Tribunal.esm
GameFile15=ASE Complete (BTB Edit).esp
GameFile16=A_flock_of_seagulls.esp
GameFile17=Animal Behaviour.esp
GameFile18=Animated Morrowind.esp
GameFile19=Area Effect Projectiles (PAR Edit).esp
GameFile20=Armor Effects Armor Balance-LD 1.0 (Tribunal).esp
GameFile21=BE 1.4 -Golden Arrow fix-.esp
GameFile22=BTB - Alchemy.esp
GameFile23=BTB - Character.esp
GameFile24=BTB - Equipment.esp
GameFile25=BTB - Settings.esp
GameFile26=BTB - Spells.esp
GameFile27=Balmora Expansion v1.4.esp
GameFile28=Barabus' fireplaces 2.esp
GameFile29=Better Bodies.esp
GameFile30=Better Caldera Children Compatible v1.5.esp
GameFile31=Better Clothes Complete (BTB Edit).esp
GameFile32=Better Cursed Items.esp
GameFile33=Better Skulls.ESP
GameFile34=BetterClothesForTB.esp
GameFile35=Better_Sounds.esp
GameFile36=Bloated Caves.esp
GameFile37=Book Jackets - Bloodmoon.esp
GameFile38=Book Jackets - Morrowind.esp
GameFile39=Book Jackets - Tribunal.esp
GameFile40=Books of Vvardenfell.esp
GameFile41=CM_Partners_3.0.esp
GameFile42=CM_Partners_3.0_Child_Upgrade.esp
GameFile43=CM_Partners_3.0_Guards_Upgrade.esp
GameFile44=Clean Better Caldera.esp
GameFile45=Combat Moves.esp
GameFile46=DB_Attack_Mod3.esp
GameFile47=DN-GDRv1_NOM (BTB Edit).esp
GameFile48=DN-GDRv1_NOM.esp
GameFile49=Daggerfall Collection Ver 1.1 (BTB Edit).esp
GameFile50=Dagoth Gares_Voice_addon v1.1.esp
GameFile51=Dodge Mod 1.2-WD (Enhanced-LD) (Tribunal).esp
GameFile52=Drug Realism.esp
GameFile53=Elders 0 Count NPC add-on (Trib & BM).esp
GameFile54=Enhanced Economics 1.2.esp
GameFile55=ExcellentMagicSounds.esp
GameFile56=GH MC Patch.esp
GameFile57=Galsiahs Character Development.esp
GameFile58=Golden Gold.esp
GameFile59=Graphic Herbalism Extra.esp
GameFile60=Graphic Herbalism.esp
GameFile61=Healers.esp
GameFile62=Improved Lockpicking.esp
GameFile63=Improved Open Spell Balance-LD.esp
GameFile64=Improved Trap Settings.esp
GameFile65=Key Replacer Trib & BM.esp
GameFile66=Keyring.esp
GameFile67=LGNPC_AldVelothi_v1_20.esp
GameFile68=LGNPC_Aldruhn_v1_20.esp
GameFile69=LGNPC_Aldruhn_v1_22_suppl.esp
GameFile70=LGNPC_GnaarMok_v1_20.esp
GameFile71=LGNPC_HlaOad_v1_32.esp
GameFile72=LGNPC_IndarysManor_v1_51.esp
GameFile73=LGNPC_Khuul_v2_21.esp
GameFile74=LGNPC_MaarGan_v1_20.esp
GameFile75=LGNPC_NoLore_v0_83.esp
GameFile76=LGNPC_PaxRedoran_v1_20.esp
GameFile77=LGNPC_Pelagiad_v1_31.esp
GameFile78=LGNPC_SecretMasters_v1_30.esp
GameFile79=LGNPC_SoulSicknessPatch_v1_00.esp
GameFile80=LGNPC_TelMora_v1_30.esp
GameFile81=LGNPC_TelUvirith_v1_20.esp
GameFile82=LGNPC_VivecFQ_v2_20.esp
GameFile83=LGNPC_VivecRedoran_v1_61.esp
GameFile84=LeftGloves_Addon_v2.esp
GameFile85=Less_Generic_Bloodmoon.esp
GameFile86=Less_Generic_Nerevarine.esp
GameFile87=Less_Generic_Tribunal.esp
GameFile88=Lgnpc_SN.esp
GameFile89=MDP Compilation.ESP
GameFile90=Mashed Lists.esp
GameFile91=Merged_Objects.esp
GameFile92=Morrowind Crafting 2-1.esp
GameFile93=Morrowind Crafting Equipment.esp
GameFile94=Museum of Artifacts Improved Expanded.esp
GameFile95=NX9_Guard_LGRedoran_Patch.ESP
GameFile96=NX9_Guard_LGTrib_patch.ESP
GameFile97=NX9_Guards_Complete.ESP
GameFile98=Neo's Unique Creatures.esp
GameFile99=Nerevarine_castle.esp
GameFile100=New Argonian Bodies - Mature.esp
GameFile101=New Khajiit Bodies - Mature.esp
GameFile102=New Veloth's Judgement 2.esp
GameFile103=New Voices.esp
GameFile104=NewBlood_MwTbBm1.1.esp
GameFile105=NoM 3.0.esp
GameFile106=NoM_BF Compatibility Patch.esp
GameFile107=NoM_CoM Compatibility Patch.esp
GameFile108=NoM_MC Compatibility Patch.esp
GameFile109=Northern Winds V1.1.esp
GameFile110=Nudity Greeting Expansion V1.esp
GameFile111=Nymeria's Faster Walk.esp
GameFile112=Nymeria's Monthly Respawn.esp
GameFile113=OR_Fang.esp
GameFile114=Oluhan V1.13.esp
GameFile115=P.R.E. v4.0.esp
GameFile116=Psy_IronMeshImprove_Uniques_BME.esp
GameFile117=Pursuit Enhanced.esp
GameFile118=RKCriminals TR&BM.esp
GameFile119=RKWerewolf.esp
GameFile120=SNR_ThievesStep_Standart.esp
GameFile121=Service Requirements (BTB Edit).esp
GameFile122=Shieldfx.esp
GameFile123=SirLuthor-Tools.esp
GameFile124=Sleepers, Awake!.esp
GameFile125=Starfires NPC Additions ver-1.11.esp
GameFile126=Statue Replacer - Normal.esp
GameFile127=Stealth Enhancements-LD 1.5b (Non-Tribunal).esp
GameFile128=Suran Extended Family.esp
GameFile129=TLM - Ambient Light + Fog Update.esp
GameFile130=TLM - External Lights Ownership.esp
GameFile131=TLM - Light Sources (Clearer Lighting).esp
GameFile132=TLM - Light Sources (Lanterns).esp
GameFile133=The Imperial Legion Badge.esp
GameFile134=The Neverhalls.esp
GameFile135=UAR_ChodalaBoots.esp
GameFile136=Unique Banners and Signs.esp
GameFile137=Unique Jewelry and Accessories.esp
GameFile138=Unique Tombs.esp
GameFile139=UniqueFinery.esp
GameFile140=Vality's Ascadian Isles Addon.esp
GameFile141=Vality's Balmora Addon.esp
GameFile142=Vality's Bitter Coast Addon.esp
GameFile143=Vivec Expansion 2.0.esp
GameFile144=Vivec_Voice_addon TRIBUNAL.esp
GameFile145=Vos Expansion.ESP
GameFile146=Vurt's BC Tree Replacer II.esp
GameFile147=Vurt's Grazelands Unique Trees.esp
GameFile148=WA_Signy_Signposts(!).ESP
GameFile149=WarhammerFix.esp
GameFile150=Water Level Fix - Full.esp
GameFile151=Weapon Range Balance.esp
GameFile152=Windows Glow - Bloodmoon Eng.esp
GameFile153=Windows Glow - Raven Rock Eng.esp
GameFile154=Windows Glow - Tribunal Eng.esp
GameFile155=Windows Glow.esp
GameFile156=abotWhereAreAllBirdsGoing.esp
GameFile157=abotWindowsGlow.esp
GameFile158=almalexia armor.esp
GameFile159=barilzar_voice.esp
GameFile160=bones.esp
GameFile161=correctUV Ore Replacer 1.0.esp
GameFile162=frostmoth_repaired_v0_31.esp
GameFile163=guarskin_drum_replacer.esp
GameFile164=sm_ForgottenHalls.esp

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Positronic Spleen posted:

Is it random or does it happen in the same place? I had the same thing happen and it turned out to be the Poorly Placed Object.esm doing something.

Well I haven't been to too many places yet, but each time it has been in the starter smuggler cave by Seyda Neen.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

Huh, I don't think there are any hostile people outside near Seyda Neen (the cave is a different story). It must be some kind of mod. I can't say if it's that specific mod, but if it's the only one, it must be. Actually, what are the aggressor's names?

edit: Holy poo poo, I just blew my mind. Weapon damage isn't random, it's based on how far back you wind up before you release the attack button; that's why fast weapons have a higher min damage (and how enemies took thirty hits to die). Now the game's just going to be even easier.

Since they kill me so quick I can't catch their names, is there a console command I can use to determine this?

Shes In Parties
Apr 30, 2009

Imperialism is a manifestation of state terrorism.

Shinino Kage posted:

Since they kill me so quick I can't catch their names, is there a console command I can use to determine this?

TGM will make you invincible. Be invincible long enough to check them out.

Also pulling up the console and just clicking on them should tell you their names.

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

Musical_Daredevil posted:

Oggumogoggum's Morrowind Mods Compilation
Oggumogoggum compiled a megapack of over 80 different mods, including the official plugins and patches. You can download a torrent here:
Download torrent81 (1 file; 754.16 MB)
View torrent stats

Has anyone else encountered this? I'm having a problem trying to get this torrent to start:

Does anyone have another link to the file?

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Forums Medic posted:

Has anyone else encountered this? I'm having a problem trying to get this torrent to start:

Does anyone have another link to the file?

I had this problem as well. I messed around with my NAT settings and discovered I could set up uPnP (or whatever) and then just let it run in the background while I did computer stuff. I just happened to look and eventually it downloaded. I'm seeding it right now. I think.

e: I can't say the messing around is what did it, only that I happened to do that and then later the file downloaded.

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010

Shinino Kage posted:

Yeah, just click on them when the console is open and their ID (concatenated with some irrelevant index number) should appear in the title of the console window. In fact, if you're just looking to get past them for now, you could type
code:
disable
after selecting each and they'll go away.

By the way, what is Warhammer Fix? I can't find it anywhere.

soscannonballs posted:

Well I haven't been to too many places yet, but each time it has been in the starter smuggler cave by Seyda Neen.
Without a full mod list I can only guess, it might be a problem with an ESM file. Try disabling every one that wasn't made by Bethesda and then seeing if it works.

If it isn't resolved, first delete warnings.txt, then run the game and get it to crash again. If the engine catches any problems that doesn't immediately make it explode, they'll be the only ones in there now. It could help.

And if you still have problems, you may have to start disabling ESP files to pinpoint the problem plugin.

If you have a LOT of mods the fastest way is:
1. Start with everything unchecked (except the ESMs, if they work), make sure there's no problem like this
2. Activate about half of the plugins
3. If the problem doesn't return, activate half of what's left each try (unless there's only one plugin left, then you've isolated the problem)
4. If the problem comes back, uncheck half of those plugins you most recently activated
4a. If the problem stays, do it again
4b. If the problem goes away, check half of what you just unchecked, then do it again

If you have less than 100 plugins, you can just try 10 or fewer at a time, that may be easier to keep track of.

Also, make sure you're using Mashed Lists, Merged Objects, and the load order is set. It couldn't hurt to check the load order again, too; Mlox.exe is a load order sorting tool, but it also gives advice regarding updates and compatibility that were written by hand (for example, I can't find TLD Siege at Firemoth, but it says it exists).

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

By the way, what is Warhammer Fix? I can't find it anywhere.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=379

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Answer:

They're two dark-elf commoners from the base game.

I'm playing a wood elf. Maybe they just want me dead?

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Dunno why they're mad at you but two commoners conjuring ancestral ghosts sounds like you've enabled npcs using racial powers along with BTB's improved racial abilities. This is not recommended as it will make almost every npc an absolute bastard. Those Dunmer will also be rocking 50pts of Sanctuary along with the ancestral ghosts, making half your (already feeble number of) hits miss. All Bretons will have 20pts of fire, frost and lighting shielding, Imperials can knock you flat with 200pts of fatigue absorbtion along with 50pts of health and magicka drain, Redguards turn into insane battle-gods the moment they don't like you etc etc. They may also be able to use star-sign abilities which is another whole layer of hell. I think you can turn it off be re-running the Morrowind Code Patch exe.

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
Did you steal from them or something? Does running back to the guards do anything? Ancestral Ghost is not exactly a common spell, so it does really sound like NPC powers were activated.

edit: Yep, MWEdit confirms that nobody in or near Seyda Neen has Ancestral Ghost as a spell.

Positronic Spleen fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 18, 2011

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Fargo Fukes posted:

Dunno why they're mad at you but two commoners conjuring ancestral ghosts sounds like you've enabled npcs using racial powers along with BTB's improved racial abilities. This is not recommended as it will make almost every npc an absolute bastard. Those Dunmer will also be rocking 50pts of Sanctuary along with the ancestral ghosts, making half your (already feeble number of) hits miss. All Bretons will have 20pts of fire, frost and lighting shielding, Imperials can knock you flat with 200pts of fatigue absorbtion along with 50pts of health and magicka drain, Redguards turn into insane battle-gods the moment they don't like you etc etc. They may also be able to use star-sign abilities which is another whole layer of hell. I think you can turn it off be re-running the Morrowind Code Patch exe.

This is loving hilarious.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fargo Fukes posted:

Redguards turn into insane battle-gods the moment they don't like you etc etc.
This is true in vanilla Morrowind, but only for the player. Adrenaline Rush is the most ridiculous ability ever. "Hey, how about a button that gives the player the equivalent of a few dozen levels worth of stats. That's balanced, right?" It's also the reason I completed Tribunal at level 2 but in several months of in-game time. Kill enemy, rest, repeat. Of course I also had Umbra and a full set of Her Hands armor. They really shouldn't have had a merchant in Vivec selling scrolls with a paralyze effect.

Beating that giant golem thing hanging out in Sotha Sil's place took a loooot of scrolls, though.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
The mobs are not standard Morrowind ones. Not sure which mod is adding it, but they're tough.

Tadali Seren and Neldammu Llaren.

The code on 'em is SF_commoner(a)_DELF_F1200000000 and SF_commoner(a)_DELF_S7000000000

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
I am now 100% certain that it is one of Starfire's mods. MWEdit is a bastard to navigate (who designs a UI and forgets the scrollbar?), but I think I found the entry. Odd, though, no spells, 0 in all skills, autocalc attributes, etc. They're implemented like normal commoners. One crazy as hell script, though.

I probably should have done this earlier, but I had to look it up. I think you can pacify them with the console, and then see if anything happens later. I can't test it until tomorrow, but I guess you just open the console, click them, and then type
code:
stopCombat
but they'll keep attacking if they're naturally hostile. Could be disposition, maybe? Tadali is set to 44 naturally. Then you may have to use
code:
moddisposition player <someNumber>
which increases their disposition by the number.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Mr Scumbag posted:

This is loving hilarious.

It really is. I enabled the feature in MCP because it sounded fair. I can use racial abilities so why shouldn't the NPCs be able to? Turns out it's a terrible idea, because unlike you, every enemy is saving their daily racial ability just for you.

Different subject, but I'm wondering why a lot of interior cells want to continue using a short "fog start" value, even when I set it to something higher through MGE-XE. If I save my game in the interior cell in question and then reload, the fog is gone and the cell is back to using what I told it to (which makes it significantly darker.) I just hate having all of these dimly glowing, foggy caves, and I'm not sure why it isn't using my settings right off the bat. Any ideas?

EDIT: To illustrate my problem, here are some screenshots. The first image is what it looks like when I enter a new interior cell. Note how the fog "brightens" the room up in this unnatural way. The second image is what the same interior cell looks like when I reload my game.

More random screenshots.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 19, 2011

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Okay, so I found this: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29388

When I used the terrible alternative programs I had no problem, but this is throwing a fit when I load just the official ESMs:

A quick search says that it's because Bloodmoon was installed before Tribunal. I mean, installed? Aren't they just ESMs that I date into a load order?

edit: Oh ho, it's talking about the PATCHES. Well great, is it going to break my game to install them over the Steam version?

I know this was from a page back, but did you (re)install Bloodmoon and the latest patch and did it work?

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
Well, it's Steam's executable so I don't think I could run any patch if I wanted to. Apparently the patch edits the TES CS executable, and the one I linked to is for just MW and/or Tribunal. I guess they never released the Morrowind CS outside of the CD release because of the way Data Files works? I just decided to use MWEdit instead anyways, I won't be doing any landscape editing and I can sort by "changed by active file". Even if it does lack a scroll bar.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Well, the solution to my aforementioned problem seemed to have been resolved by setting "Linear" lighting to 1.0 again (it was at 3.0, mistakenly.)

In other news, I appear to have found a baby.

Its name is "Baby." There is an asterisk next to its name. I found it outside the Temple in Ald'Ruhn. There are only two quest mods loaded: Darknut's Greater Dwemer Ruins, and Great House Dagoth. I'm assuming it belongs to one of these. Without spoilering the surprise too much, what's the deal with this baby?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

You obviously have to eat it in order to properly blend in with House Dagoth if you want to successfully infiltrate it.

But really the only mod I know of that adds in babies is MCA.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Upmarket Mango posted:

You obviously have to eat it in order to properly blend in with House Dagoth if you want to successfully infiltrate it.

But really the only mod I know of that adds in babies is MCA.

It's actually funny because you pick it up like any other item, and it goes right into your inventory. If you "equip" it, you carry it around like the screenshot demonstrates. It was lying in a basket with a bottle and a note that basically said, "Please take care of this baby, I am a poor, grieving mother." Part of me wants to carry it around with me everywhere I go, spelunking in caves and battling dremora in Daedric ruins with a baby in one arm.

I'm not using MCA, though. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Huh, that's weird, and kinda cool. I'd like to know what mod that is as well.