Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Sky Shadowing posted:

I highly expect it won't apply to any people here, but if you've any interest in purchasing Morrowind, anybody, wait a month, because Bethesda is releasing The Elder Scrolls Anthology, including all 5 main TES titles- Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind GotY, Oblivion GotY, and Skyrim Legendary.

This is 80 dollars as opposed to the 15 dollars it is right now on steam, because all Beth titles are 25% off.

If you want more than just Morrowind than the anthology is a good deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't know man, having Arena and Daggerfall on their own separate discs sounds pretty amazing. I want it for the novelty.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this combat overhaul mod is shaping up to be a monster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c598kuusepk

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Also interested in why Rebirth is bad, though I haven't used it and never plan to, I just like reading about lovely mods people put a lot of effort into making

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I have a feeling that you and I are about to become very close.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The Wonder Weapon posted:

What am I doing wrong?

trying to remove cliff racers

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It probably looks better in motion but to me, from those screenshots, it looks like poo poo lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Probably correct

Agents are GO! posted:

That's just, like, your opinion, man.

definitely correct

the indoor shots are okay but the outdoor shots looks like someone smeared lube all over the camera. It's just a blurry mess

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 1, 2015

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Stuporstar posted:

Don't use mesh improvements. They're badly smoothed models that only bloat the poly count by 1000x without fixing anything. You wanna know why your game chugs, even though you have a decent PC, poo poo like this is the reason. Honestly, you're better off with vanilla.

lmao I'm peepin' those screenshots and those bowls/pots are horrendously too dense

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

So many people have it backwards when it comes to modeling for gaming, the point isn't to make your object as detailed as possible, it's to make it with as little detail as possible and fake it so hard it looks like it's hi rez anyway

I ran into this a lot with Fallout 4 and critiquing the plethora of gun mods flooding the Nexus. Most of them were so poly dense they were the equivalent of having 4 entire suits of power armor on your screen at all times, and that's before taking into consideration that the player might be in third person and wearing power armor themselves, enemies using the same gun, the dense rear end streets of boston, etc.

it was ridiculous lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

didn't fallout 1 and 2 have a world map between playable zones, like you couldn't actually walk from New Reno to Redding

I don't think that counts for map space when determining a game's playable size

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxmbfvycbv0

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah there may be some way to make morrowind's combat more action packed and diverse but MCE is not it

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

go Axe and grab the 2h axe from the stump next to the lighthouse in seyda neen and gently caress poo poo up

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

watch the sky

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah there seems to be missing a comma, there. They recommend the code patch, and also OpenMW is support (for TR, not the code patch)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

^^^ MY MAN ^^^

lmao, just simply lmao, if you don't immediately walk into the Balmora armor store, jump onto the crate on your left and clip slightly into the ceiling so that you're technically out of bounds and you can take the dreugh and bonemold armor to sell to the khajiit across the street

another pro moves is to steal White Woe from the eastern guard tower, hop across the rooftops to the cornerclub, join the thieves guild, and then drop all of your money in front of the bartender to remove your bounty for free

I have done the beginning stages of morrowind a lot

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

raminasi posted:

I assume I’m the only one who likes the default walking. It makes you take your time and enjoy the scenery :shobon:

Nothing ever stays fun if you have to do it. I want to option to stop and look at the scenery because I like doing it, but when I don't want to do it or don't care, the slow walking speed is not doing me any favors.

That being said, it's not that big of a problem due to the dozens of ways to move around faster than the default movement speed, but I wouldn't look down on anyone for installing a sprint mod or whatever lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Morrowind owns, guys

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

everything Young Scrolls puts out is gold

I'm the cliff racer go HUUAAGH on my haters

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 12, 2018

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

watch the sky

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckwlr3r0290

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5qb8Bor0hI

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Also Rebirth is bad I think is the consensus here. From what I understand it just adds a bunch of stuff with no consideration for any function or reason, just bloat for bloat's sake. Someone who's got more time with it may be able to be more specific.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

reinstalling after a few years, thread's opinion on mods like "manual blocking"? Morrowind's combat doesn't bother me all that much except for the random/automatic block chance, but I will concede that the game was balanced with that mind so I can imagine being able to block on command is going to be pretty overpowered lol.

not that it matters too much since I'll probably be using spears most of the time anyway and blocking doesn't work on arrows

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 21, 2019

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I would be down for the chance-to-block working on arrows/throwing weapons too, I wonder how difficult it would be to implement. I imagine someone would have done it by now if it were easy/possible though lol

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 21, 2019

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mr. Testicle, do you have a recommended setting for Proportional Progression?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah that's why I feel like it would be overpowered, there'd have to be some kind of real drawback to offset manual blocking. It could also work like later games in the series, where hard enough hits compared to the quality of the shield and your block skill will damage you a little bit anyway, so it's not completely free.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah I went with 6, once I start becoming an unstoppable god in these games my interest plummets lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

if your house is on fire it can't even have snow on it

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The modular ESP works in addition to the default plugin, or in place of it so you have to run all three?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I can understand not wanting to play with mods, it's how I spent my first like 200 hours with the game back on the original Xbox, but I don't know if I could do it now without at least the bug fixes and stability patches.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he's been busy making a loving dope-rear end looking Freelancer-styled game

https://underspacegame.tumblr.com/

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Much like any game, there's a bunch of different categories for Morrowind speedrunning. Getting to the end credits as fast as possible uses the scrolls, the lock-pick insta-kill bug, etc. and takes just under 3 minutes at this point (not counting loading screens).

That glitch will be used to make All Main Quest runs a lot faster. I think the record is a little over 17 minutes not counting loading screens.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah you already skip like 80% of the hortator quests that aren't Talk To Guy To Make Me Hortator and the slight variant of that for Telvanni where you just murder a bunch of dudes

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that's part of it yeah

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Analytic Engine posted:

Anyone have a favorite book / bit of lore? I always loved the ending on this one.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Breathing_Water

lusty
argonian
maid

Also I like "The Armorer's Challenge"

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

very carefully

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

follow in the grand tradition of random rear end mods putting "Who's there?" back at the top of Greeting 1 for no reason.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you might be thinking of Daggerfall Unity, which actually just had a big alpha release in the past few days and runs like a dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I remember that blog, don't remember exactly was it was called either tho lol

agree, for the first experience Morrowind definitely has to be played, imo as blind as possible.