Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.
if you converted to a mid 50s mopar trans, youd have a drum brake on the tailshaft...

hint: its actually the parking brake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
If memory Serves, 944 Rear disc brake are a drat near bolt on swap, If you have the IRS rear, not sure about the swing axle rear setup though. Rear discs would be better then rear drums, I'd think.

If you were closer, I'd offer my help. I have rewired a Beetle before, its not to difficult.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
If you have several thousand dollars to spare, you should ask TFR about obtaining some actual guns for it. Build your own technical!

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

Lowclock posted:

This type of trans brake is automatic transmissions only as far as I know.

There's the answer... whoops.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Veeb0rg posted:

If memory Serves, 944 Rear disc brake are a drat near bolt on swap, If you have the IRS rear, not sure about the swing axle rear setup though. Rear discs would be better then rear drums, I'd think.

If you were closer, I'd offer my help. I have rewired a Beetle before, its not to difficult.

I'm at some point going to get off my rear end and completely rewire my 59. When you say it's not too difficult, how many hours am I looking at. Also, any suggestions on where the best place to get a new harness is?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

atomicthumbs posted:

If you have several thousand dollars to spare, you should ask TFR about obtaining some actual guns for it. Build your own technical!

The ATF would drop a bomb on his house because of the electric trigger. They would literally kill him if this was real.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Don't you have to have like safety orange tips on fake guns? Like kids toys? I would be worried about coming out of the grocery store to a SWAT team surrounding your car or something.

E: VVV Haha okay that will be awesome.

Lowclock fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 17, 2011

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Lowclock posted:

Don't you have to have like safety orange tips on fake guns? Like kids toys? I would be worried about coming out of the grocery store to a SWAT team surrounding your car or something.

I've heard the same thing. The "barrels" are solid, but the end is tapped. They are all set for some caps. I also am going to make some tiny flag poles with Bang! flags, like Loony Toons.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Here is a guard for the belts and pulleys. It isn't attached, it's just hanging on the pulley nut.

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

molegsb9d

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Clank posted:

molegsb9d
I didn't notice that it said anything at all until you said this.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Clank posted:

molegsb9d

moligsbad

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010
It actually says TwoLegsBad. From the commandments in Animal Farm.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It would suck if you were late for work or something and forgot to take the guns off before you left the house. I imagine the local police wouldn't be happy with you.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Blood Magnet posted:

It actually says TwoLegsBad. From the commandments in Animal Farm.

Oh, that makes sense now. :confused:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sockington posted:

Oh, that makes sense now. :confused:

A goon who doesn't worship Orwell? Now I have seen everything...

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Anyone who has seen my truck should recognize this snake. This one is stainless steel and not aluminum though. A fair-weather air cleaner. Kind of.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Blood Magnet posted:

Anyone who has seen my truck should recognize this snake. This one is stainless steel and not aluminum though. A fair-weather air cleaner. Kind of.

can you extend it up so it comes out of the hood whatever you call the hood-like thing that covers the engine in the rear? "rear bonnet"?

Chickenbisket
Apr 27, 2006
I would bet there won't be anything covering the engine. That's usually how rat rod bugs go. Is there an air filter in there at all?

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Chickenbisket posted:

I would bet there won't be anything covering the engine. That's usually how rat rod bugs go. Is there an air filter in there at all?

You are correct, sir. There is nothing covering the engine. I am going to try to find a small filter for a motorcycle and put it in the snake's mouth.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Just use a sock.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.

Blood Magnet posted:

Anyone who has seen my truck should recognize this snake.

Truck? is it old?

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

LobsterboyX posted:

Truck? is it old?

2000 Isuzu Rodeo.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

Blood Magnet posted:

You generator fan is on backwards and your missing the backing plate. I assume this was done due to clearances of the body?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Blood Magnet posted:

2000 Isuzu Rodeo.

OK, we need to get you, Holdbrooks, rear end in a top hat Bicycle, and Ultimate Force together on some kind of project. Somebody make up a nice promo packet of their various threads and forward it to The Discovery Channel or TLC or whoever the gently caress it is that does those retarded car/bike/drama reality shows. Throwing money, cars and tools at these guys can't possibly be a bad idea.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
One of those 48 hour and they make something shows, only it's a whole season covering the 48 hours.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Blood Magnet posted:

2000 Isuzu Rodeo.

This is awesome too.

needs a black skeleton/ribcage krylon job over the white though. :black101:

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Veeb0rg posted:

You generator fan is on backwards and your missing the backing plate. I assume this was done due to clearances of the body?

The body sits super low and there is very little clearance, like a bump will make sparks clearance. I need to make a custom backing plate and cut off some of the fan.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Boat posted:

OK, we need to get you, Holdbrooks, rear end in a top hat Bicycle, and Ultimate Force together on some kind of project. Somebody make up a nice promo packet of their various threads and forward it to The Discovery Channel or TLC or whoever the gently caress it is that does those retarded car/bike/drama reality shows. Throwing money, cars and tools at these guys can't possibly be a bad idea.

rear end in a top hat Bicycle is my twin brother. I'd like to meet those other guys, they have some wicked projects going on.

Chickenbisket
Apr 27, 2006

Blood Magnet posted:

rear end in a top hat Bicycle is my twin brother. I'd like to meet those other guys, they have some wicked projects going on.

I hope you really mean he is your brother. It would be pretty killer if it got the same paint treatment he does to his truck.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
Indeed, we are brothers.

Bad automotive taste is apparently genetic. :v:

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Veeb0rg posted:

With a little effort, I got the fan on the right way. It's nice to have the carb not touch the fan.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010
I just got a clutch cable, throttle cable, and a bunch of brake parts. The clutch cable is about 3" too short due to lowering, so I have to make a coupling of some kind. I have a homemade gas pedal so I need to get a spring and some hardware. Also, I have a pedal cluster and a brake master cylinder, but I'm missing the mechanism that connects them. Does anyone know what it's called?

On a side note, this project is getting super frustrating for me. It pisses me off when you buy new parts and they don't supply the necessary hardware with them. Not everyone is replacing broken parts. My clutch cable didn't come with a goddamn nut for the end.

Also, more photos coming soon, I promise.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Sorry for the cell phone pic, but here is a steering wheel I'm working on. The original steering wheel looks like it was in a fire, so I thought I'd do something custom. It is made out of stainless steel. I have a center cap with a VW logo that is almost done as well. Will I stab my thigh every left turn? Maybe. Is it more cheesy than cool? Definitely.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Nice username, steering combo.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Steering wheel with slightly wonky VW logo.

Blinky Blinkerson
May 9, 2006

Blood Magnet posted:

Steering wheel with slightly wonky VW logo.

I like where you're going with this, but I think if you completed the circle it would look most rad and still be unique. I mean who else has a homemade stainless steel loving steering wheel ?

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
is that rebar with a polished front face?

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Breast Pussy posted:

It is 3/4"stainless pipe with some nice ridges welded on. I bent it in a crappy pipe bender at work, hence the questionable bends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Breast Pussy posted:

ribbed for his pleasure

• Locked thread