Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalin
Sep 28, 2007

Hair Elf

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Is there any way to have specific Bookmarks open in a container?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multi-account-containers/

That extension should allow you to assign specific websites into specific containers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Nalin posted:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multi-account-containers/

That extension should allow you to assign specific websites into specific containers.

Thanks - I had that extension anyway but couldn't figure out how to get them to open sites in a container by default, but I had hidden the menu bar icon moved to my overflow menu and didn't see the different options there.

Sorted now, cheers.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

Floss Finder

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Is there any way to have specific Bookmarks open in a container?

Containerise works too.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

I'll try this too, one of my links gives an error when opened by default in a container but works fine when loaded again with the tab already in a container.

I take it I can remove the Facebook Container extension if I have either of these other extensions?

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

Floss Finder

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I take it I can remove the Facebook Container extension if I have either of these other extensions?

Containers are a big confusing mess so I don't know how to answer that.

The reason I use Containerise instead of the official Mozilla extension is because the latter didn't play nicely with Temporary Containers for some reason I can't recall, and I needed something to pin some sites to permanent containers.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Yes, and get the same effect by making a new container for facebook and setting facebook.com to always use that.

Facebook Container is basically just a single-purpose, easy-to-use version of the bigger container extensions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 28, 2007

Hair Elf

Klyith posted:

Yes, and get the same effect by making a new container for facebook and setting facebook.com to always use that.

Facebook Container is basically just a single-purpose, easy-to-use version of the bigger container extensions.

Well, not entirely. Facebook Container does some extra stuff.

quote:

How does this compare to the Firefox Multi-Account Containers extension?

Facebook Container specifically isolates Facebook and works automatically. Firefox Multi-Account Containers is a more general extension that allows you to create containers and determine which sites open in each container.

You can use Multi-Account Containers to create a container for Facebook and assign facebook.com to it. Multi-Account Containers will then make sure to only open facebook.com in the Facebook Container. However, unlike Facebook Container, Multi-Account Containers doesnít prevent you from opening non-Facebook sites in your Facebook Container. So users of Multi-Account Containers need to take a bit extra care to make sure they leave the Facebook Container when navigating to other sites. In addition, Facebook Container assigns some Facebook-owned sites like Instagram and Messenger to the Facebook Container. With Multi-Account Containers, you will have to assign these in addition to facebook.com.

Facebook Container also deletes Facebook cookies from your other containers on install and when you restart the browser, to clean up any potential Facebook trackers. Multi-Account Containers does not do that for you.