Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I can't seem to find a link for the Windows version of the newest release of Thunderbird on mozilla's website. I'm using the 52 beta version but it doesn't to want to update on it's own, though I don't know if that is supposed to happen with beta versions or not. Did Thunderbird 52 only get released for non-Windows platforms, or is there something that I'm missing here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
If you're on 52 beta then the next version that you'll get is 53 beta, which as far as I know has not actually been released yet. (It usually comes out a week or so after a proper release.)

In fact, I think even 52 final is only out for what I guess you'd call "pre-release", where they don't offer it to everyone just in case something serious is broken.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Why is this presentation unwatchable using Firefox?

http://darevay.com/talks/clojurewest2012/#/title-slide

I get lag and stutter, in Chrome everything works fine.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

mike12345 posted:

Why is this presentation unwatchable using Firefox?

http://darevay.com/talks/clojurewest2012/#/title-slide

I get lag and stutter, in Chrome everything works fine.
I only get slight stutter on my laptop in a Firefox window with 400 tabs open; Chrome only runs slightly better. Neither are what I'd call unwatchable or even bad, besides the abomination that is the presentation itself

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Malloc Voidstar posted:

I only get slight stutter on my laptop in a Firefox window with 400 tabs open; Chrome only runs slightly better. Neither are what I'd call unwatchable or even bad, besides the abomination that is the presentation itself

Very strange. Wonder what add-on is causing that.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

mike12345 posted:

Very strange. Wonder what add-on is causing that.

Go to about :performance and see if that helps narrow it down, I guess.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

After a random virus infection the title bar is MIA from Firefox, and Firefox only.

....why

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

That looks normal?? (Aside from the fact that you're one of those people who uses the menu bar.)

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Yeah, the title is hidden if you have the menu bar enabled

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Tamba posted:

Yeah, the title is hidden if you have the menu bar enabled

It wasn't before though.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

If you want the title bar enabled (not sure why you would though), you need browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar set to false.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Thanks.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007
Is there an addon or way to blacklist certain websites from redirecting to their mobile versions on firefox mobile?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
In the menu, you can check the "Request desktop site" option. That will send a fake User-agent string which works on most sites where it matters. (More advanced sites will use CSS Media Queries, but they will probably have some work put into the mobile styles so you won't need the desktop site.)

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Vord posted:

Is there an addon or way to blacklist certain websites from redirecting to their mobile versions on firefox mobile?

You can just select Request Desktop Site from the menu, I think it sticks.

E: beaten and it doesn't stick

Ola fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 19, 2017

Vord
Oct 27, 2007
It wont stick for me. Then again my phone is also crap that wont remember most default settings I change for some reason.

Really it's just a minor inconvenience for me whenever someone links me an image on imgur and it redirects me to their lovely mobile site when all I wanted was to go directly to the image file itself. Request desktop site will bypass it but I have to tick it each time.

Vord fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 19, 2017

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
I had to manually install the 53.0 update this time for some reason. Anyone else have this issue?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

No.1 Special posted:

I had to manually install the 53.0 update this time for some reason. Anyone else have this issue?

Instead, I just had Firefox offer to update me to 52.0.2esr. I'm using 52.0.2 on the release channel.

astral fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 20, 2017

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

No.1 Special posted:

Initially, yes, but after opening the About Firefox window it did it fine.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

astral posted:

Instead, I just had Firefox offer to update me to 52.0.2esr. I'm using 52.0.2 on the release channel.

My Firefox updated to the ESR and then after another visit to About Firefox, it updated itself to 53. No idea why, but v:shobon:v.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

No.1 Special posted:

I got prompted to update to 52.0.2esr, which failed with "patch apply failed", very useful message. I then closed, restarted Firefox as administrator, checked "about" and updated to 53.0 just fine. Closed and opened again.

Maybe it was some folder permission thing cause by a wrongly configured installer, which I forced through by starting as administrator. :downs:

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

Ola posted:

I got prompted to update to 52.0.2esr, which failed with "patch apply failed"...
Same here, though I didn't do any administrator shenanigans. Looks like they somehow screwed up the patch rollout.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011

Szmitten posted:

Initially, yes, but after opening the About Firefox window it did it fine.

That didn't work for me for some reason.

Ola posted:

I got prompted to update to 52.0.2esr, which failed with "patch apply failed", very useful message. I then closed, restarted Firefox as administrator, checked "about" and updated to 53.0 just fine. Closed and opened again.

Maybe it was some folder permission thing cause by a wrongly configured installer, which I forced through by starting as administrator. :downs:

Maybe I should have tried that.

'ST
Jul 24, 2003

"The world has nothing to fear from military ambition in our Government."
After getting "patch apply failed," I tried to run the update again. It worked the second time. No administrator access required.

I can't imagine what's wrong unless their initial release was messed up and our browsers automatically downloaded it when it was first available.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Any way to tell Firefox not to use a theme for private windows? Or use a different theme, optimally? I want them to be easily distinct which they are not.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

No.1 Special posted:

I had to install twice since it first gave me the 32-bit version.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

I'm just gonna manually install 53 and not trust these wacky auto-updates this version.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Anything I need to watch out for when making the switch to 64 bit, or is copying the profile over all I need to do?

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh
53 seems to have fixed the issue where setting "media.autoplay.enabled" to disabled broke starting videos by right clicking, so I'm happy.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

isndl posted:

Anything I need to watch out for when making the switch to 64 bit, or is copying the profile over all I need to do?

I don't think video chat in google hangouts works in 64 bit

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

pairofdimes posted:

53 seems to have fixed the issue where setting "media.autoplay.enabled" to disabled broke starting videos by right clicking, so I'm happy.

But now I have to wait for YouTube Centre to release an update to fix what Firefox fixed because it's broken what YTC had fixed earlier.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
note to self: don't select "refresh firefox" after installing the 64bit version

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Firefox continues to have weird issues with gifs. I was just checking out a thread, left the computer for a minute, came back to find all the gifs in the thread had stopped... unless I scrolled the page. Every frame in a gif would move to the next each tick of the scroll wheel.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
I finally forced e10s on and holy crap it's so much more responsive. I should have listened to you all sooner.

I only had 3 addons blocking. Download Manager Tweak finally updated, and so did Flash Stopper (as a dev-channel beta release).

The only one left is "space next", which gives an Opera-style "press space at the end of the page to try to load the next one". With e10s on it just plain doesn't work. There's a notice on its page saying that the developer does not intend to update it for e10s and I've been unable to find a replacement. I can live without it for how much faster things are, but perhaps another Opera refugee knows a working similar extension?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

spit on my clit posted:

note to self: don't select "refresh firefox" after installing the 64bit version

That very nearly happened to me once. They really need to use another term for "nuke all your settings and addons".

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gorilla Salad posted:

That very nearly happened to me once. They really need to use another term for "nuke all your settings and addons".

funny thing is, i remember this exact thing happening to me before it happened again today!

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

ringu0 posted:

I don't think video chat in google hangouts works in 64 bit
Or 32 in my experience.

apropos man
Sep 5, 2016

You get a hundred and forty one thousand years and you're out in eight!
I changed my avatar for these here forums this morning. When I went to pay my 5 bux I accidentally typed an extra digit into my credit card number, then when I corrected it I noticed that Firefox had saved the number in autofill.

So my Firefox autofill now has at least 2 entries containing a correct and a slightly incorrect version of my credit card number.

I know that I can delete these from Firefox by highlighting them and pressing DELETE to remove them from autofill but I don't want to go all the way through the SA ordering process just to bring them up.

Is there an extension that lets you view all your autofill data and preferably search through it to delete things on an individual basis?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Anyone have any idea how to turn off that new god drat scrolling while dragging stuff to the edge of the screen feature?
It keeps triggering when I'm trying to open stuff in new tabs between currently existing tabs/replacing a tab's content by dragging a link up to the tab bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Lakitu7 posted:

The only one left is "space next", which gives an Opera-style "press space at the end of the page to try to load the next one". With e10s on it just plain doesn't work. There's a notice on its page saying that the developer does not intend to update it for e10s and I've been unable to find a replacement. I can live without it for how much faster things are, but perhaps another Opera refugee knows a working similar extension?

:hfive: I've probably been using Space Next for the better part of a decade. But e10s was more important. I didn't find a replacement, but if there's one out there I'm interested.

Might actually be a nice side project some weekend