Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

I'm on esr (31.2.0) and whenever I'm typing in the location bar it will automatically try to search or open a webpage before I'm finished typing. How do I make it stop doing this? Google hasn't been much help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Avenging Dentist posted:

If your browser window is maximized, that's how it looks. Otherwise, there's a margin at the top so that you can grab the window and move it around.

That's just like Chrome though.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Usually when I open a pdf in Firefox half the content just plain doesn't render.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

It sucks and is not a fast method, but disable one at a time each day until it goes away, or disable all and enable one each day until it returns.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Gorilla Salad posted:

Just updated to 37.0.1 and now when I select text on a page and drag it to the search bar it no longer automatically searches for me. I have to click the little magnifying glass icon like some sort of caveman.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Are you aware you can right click on a text selection and choose "Search <active search engine> for <text selection>"?

(I don't have an answer to your actual question.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Hey, they should put ads in ublock.