Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pooperscooper
Jul 22, 2007
God drat, firefox updates way too often it kills work places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooperscooper
Jul 22, 2007
I updated my work firefox browser to quantum a few weeks ago after having to use an older version of firefox for some certain web applications but now I've noticed a slow down in my computer and it seems like it's just firefox taking up a lot of memory. The work computer is pretty old now (circa 2014) but it has an i5 CPU and 8 gigs of ram so I don't know what to do. I've been using firefox since it was called firebird since 2003 but I think I may be behind the times? It looks like all the new kids are using chrome. Does chrome have better memory management than firefox?

Pooperscooper
Jul 22, 2007
I've been using Firefox since it was called Firebird back in like 2003 and I have to say it's pretty loving dog poo poo compared to Chrome in performance and like poo poo just working. I think I hate google more than my hatred of current Firefox. Is there anyway to make Firefox less poo poo? Like more websites not loading like x10 as long as Chrome? Youtube being more responsive?

I use both Chrome for some websites at work and Firefox for others at the same time.

Computers are very emotional to me.

Pooperscooper
Jul 22, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

You got any examples?

Off the top of my head: Masterclass website, Prime Video website and Youtube. Seems like anything with video is the extreme example of slow. Some websites have general not great load speed but manageable. How does one re-create a profile while keeping all boomarks and pass words? The only extension I have is Lastpass.