Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape
I'm on the beta channel, and a couple of days ago I started to have frequent crashes whenever the Flash plugin was used on a page (after an update to 41b9 which was still called b9 for some reason). Sometimes Firefox would just hang, and sometimes it would even crash the Intel graphics driver (black screen followed by a popup that the graphics driver crashed). On a couple of websites the crashes were 100% repeatable.

Apparently there was a last minute change regarding the asynchronous loading of plugins to prevent crashes. My crashes started after they applied this fix.

See: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1204036

After I set dom.ipc.plugins.asyncInit.enabled back to True the crashes went away.

So if anybody is experiencing this, play around with this setting to see what happens. I hope they sort this out before 41 final lands (RC1 just came out)

Bokito fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Sep 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape
41.0.1 is out

quote:

Fixed

Startup crash in mozilla::layers::CompositorD3D11::GetTextureFactoryIdentifier()
Changing properties of a new bookmark while adding it acts on the last bookmark in the current container
Firefox hangs with flash plugins
Startup crash in nsStyleSet::GatherRuleProcessors(nsStyleSet::sheetType) possibly related to Yandex toolbar and Adblock Plus
Crash in mozilla::gl::GLBlitHelper::BlitImageToTexture