Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

B-Nasty posted:

I've noticed it in general with either the new FF or one of the recent Flash updates. The trapping of keystrokes/mouse scroll happens on youtube, and clicking outside the video box seems to work sporadically.

I also get frequent tearing and blanked out video control bar.

The worst part is that it also traps media keys. If I'm watching a youtube video, I need to click out of Firefox to mute or change the volume using my keyboard. It's really fun when you click play, forgetting your speakers are turned up and the sound comes blasting out at ridiculous levels and you scramble for the mute button or volume dial and nothing happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

NihilCredo posted:

Speaking of YouTube, for several months now I've had this issue where it chokes for about 1/2 second every ~10 seconds of playtime, regardless of resolution, full-screen status, embedded status etc. Watching YouTube on Chromium works fine, so it's something with my Firefox. Does that symptom ring a bell with anyone?

My wife's laptop has had similar issues. In her case though, it's because she has two Firefox windows open with about fifty or so tabs open that have been going for week or months on end and it's using up about 1.5GB of memory. The video freezes for a split second every ten seconds or so, but the audio continues. You can open up IE at the same time and a video will play normally. I'm guessing your issue isn't form abusing Firefox as badly as my wife though.