Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

rarbatrol posted:

My biggest gripe is that I can't separate the two halves of it. I have the favorite button in the upper left corner of my window, so now I sometimes accidentally favorite a page out of habit.
Pretty much this, yeah. I favorite something about a hundredth as often as I open the favorites menu, and I used to keep them on opposite sides of the screen since it's way to easy to accidentally click the drat thing when trying to open the menu. I can see why they bundled them together like that sure, but removing the option was annoying as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Somewhat derpass question...

At the moment, a Firefox tab only seems to be saving the past fifteen or so sites in its history. That is, if you click back or right-click back and get the drop down, that's as far back as you can go, and visiting more sites removes the oldest entries from the list. This isn't really a big deal, but I'm positive it used to save two or three times this. I'm obviously missing some setting somewhere that got changed at some point, but I can't seem to find it and trying to search for "firefox tab history" or variants thereof obviously come up with the wrong sort of information. Anyone have a hint where to look?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hmm, yeah that's at 50. Might be some addom interfering with it or something. Time to experiment I guess!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

:ughh:

I dropped Opera because they hosed it up and removed all sorts of customization and convenience. I'm glad that Firefox is happily tanking their utility, I guess browser companies won't be happy until everything's at the simplest common denominator. Why am I not using Chrome again..?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Also if you don't understand why people would think "hmm, why should I use firefox when it is functionally equivalent to but slower and buggier than chrome" I don't think you fundamentally understand how people operate. Especially since this exact same scenario of trying to be an also-ran Chrome-clone while discarding all the customization and functionality options already played out with Opera, and was a rolling disaster for the company.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

So is there any way to actually change the goddamn keybindings in 57? You'd think this would be something relatively simple, but nope, apparently not. The few extensions I've tried either don't work at all or don't seem able to alter the existing shortcuts (like you can't make ctrl+n open a new tab since that's already bound to new window). :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/3SjUzTC.gifv