Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Firefox having TreeStyle tab is like the main thing keeping me to it, though it's been good, or at least OK, to me, over the years.

Out of interest to any other browsers have it? Chrome has an extension but it's a weird docking sidebar window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Dragging treestyle tabs from one window to another is broken and requires me to 'refresh' the sidebar by double-clicking the button in both windows.

I feel if it's gonna break there should at least be a way to automate that step but damned if I know what it is or if the developer cares.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

There's still no other browser that has a nice working tree-style tab addon that works like the one for Firefox works, right?

Chrome has a version that's more of a lovely sidebar that looks real ugly.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

NihilCredo posted:

Vivaldi has built-in vertical tabs.

And I've just found out it has a functioning Tree-style tab extension. It's a little ugly looking in terms of font and layout but it's fully functional.

So it's nice I have that for now if Firefox ever gets completely tossed out.

Here's a side by side for those curious.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Lakitu7 posted:

Could you link this, please? I'm having a hard time finding it anything that looks functional or non-abandoned.

Installation instructions at this link:
https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/15332/tree-tabs

Treetabs 2 download here:
https://yadi.sk/d/hoJ3b6o3ZQfSUQ

Although that might be abandoned too, who knows.

It looks like one of those authors has a similar extension for Opera.

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 1, 2020