Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Has anyone ever had a problem where one computer in your household is having trouble accessing google accounts/youtube (can't get past the log in screen, it just says sorry something is wrong try again) on Firefox where it works fine on 2 other computers all sharing the same connection? I have been trying to get into my account for two days straight on my desktop and have made zero progress. It works just fine on my laptop though. Cleared cookies/cache, made sure windows and Firefox were both up to date. I'm completely at a loss for what could be causing issues only with Google and its account system on one computer but not the others.

edit: Also having buffering/loading issues on Youtube. This is happening across all browsers but isn't an issue on my laptop. Desktop is wired, laptop is on wifi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Geemer posted:

I got completely locked out of my gmail account on exactly two computers from having a userscript with some outdated and slightly busted javascript running that ran on all sites. Took me forever to figure that one out. It'd just say there was a technical problem and to try again later, clicking 'more details' said error code was 3 or sometimes 4.

Maybe you got something similar going on?

That's what I was thinking but I have no idea what script could be causing it since it's hosed across browsers. There also aren't any error codes I can click on. It just says sorry there was an error try again. No explanation given.

On Terra Firma fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 15, 2020

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Geemer posted:

Do you maybe have some antivirus or antimalware or firewall or whatever that is injecting code into pages?

Other than windows no. I've run the browsers in safe mode as well so I don't think it's an extension doing it.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

WattsvilleBlues posted:

DNS problem with your ISP?

I thought it might be the case but I'm not having any issues on two other computers in the house. Only difference is that my desktop is a wired connection.

edit: So something happened. I unplugged and moved a wifi extender from upstairs and brought it closer to my rowing machine and suddenly everything is working fine. Not sure if that's correlated but it works.

On Terra Firma fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 16, 2020