Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I have two plug in questions:

- Is there a working British English spell checker?

- Is there a plugin that allows you too see where things like twitter links are pointing by just hovering over them?

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

xamphear posted:

Are you saying that when you install the en-gb version of Firefox, the spell check doesn't work as expected?

I have this installed, but it hasn't been updated?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/british-english-dictionary/?src=search

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'm using 13.0.1. In the last few weeks (I think) images and embedded youtube vids will look like this some times when I scroll down quickly, it's not every time but enough:

Is this even firefox related I can't even think of a word that describes that to google, is is tearing?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Toast Museum posted:

It's a known issue with Flash.

Ah,ok thanks, will it be patched?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
edit - never mind I've fixed it

Jippa fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jan 20, 2013

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I thought I had figured this out but obviously not. Can some one please explain how I can block the "who to follow" section on twitter using adblock please?

I have tried a few different ways, but none of them work. Like this http://howdoitknow.net/tutorials/how-to-hide-who-to-follow-section-on-twitter/

It's possible it's out of date?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah I've tried using that. I select the box just around "who to follow" and it says it's called "div,class:flex-module".

I add this but it hides the trending box below it as well which I'd like too keep.

e- excellent I've done it.

twitter.com##.module.wtf-module.js-wtf-module.has-content

Jippa fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 23, 2013

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Swilo posted:

You have to use W and N on your keyboard to "zoom" in and out until you find the proper object (H will hide the legend if it's in the way). For that particular box it is twitter.com##.module.wtf-module.js-wtf-module.has-content which is one step higher in the page structure than what you were doing.

Thanks mate, I just this minute found that and edited my previous post. Thanks for looking into it though.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Is there a specific reason that people have moved too chrome? Or is it just personal preference?

I have chrome but I don't really see the difference on a browsing level, also ff seems to have more interesting add ons?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Using the latest version of ff can I change the refresh button back to it's old size (spergy I know)?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ad block plus question. When I right click some ads, seemingly randomly it will give two options. One is what I would expect, 'ABP image' then a choice of at what level you want to block etc.

Another option it gives me is just "disable element" (no ABP options like I described) which some times doesn't stick and the ad might come back when I load the page again.

Any one know why this is?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
A few months back I got good advice from this thread about using ad block plus too hide the "who to follow" section on twitter (which annoys me for some reason).

Randomly yesterday it just popped back up and I can't seem too get rid of it?

div, class:flex-module

div, class: module wtf-module, js-wtf-module has-content

I remember there being confusion between these two elements which are millimetres apart on screen. Any way, it doesn't seem to matter which I block I can't get rid of the "who to follow" box.

Any body have any ideas?

Jippa fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jun 29, 2015

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah that's what I'm using.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah I've tried every thing. Entering it manually, using the tool to select etc.

It worked perfectly for months and then just stopped? I notice I'm getting ads and sponsored links on twitter as well. is this just a coincidence or were they previously being blocked and some thing changed?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Can some one please explain to me how to implement this (it apparently stops twitter from embedding images)?

I have just copied and pasted a comment so I might have screwed it up if it doesn't make sense?

@ra0lq Raol

hold on, guys. Here is the trick. If you know about customizing sites in firefox/chrome/safari with custom CSS, just add following to the customization file

ol#stream-items-id > li.stream-item > div.tweet div.media {

display: none;

}

Here is complete setting for firefox

@-moz-document url-prefix(https://twitter.com) {

ol#stream-items-id > li.stream-item > div.tweet div.media {

display: none;

}

}

e- thanks YggiDee :)

Jippa fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 6, 2013

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Is possible to only selectively clear parts of your cache? Say could I make a grooveshark folder or partition or some thing so I don't have to re download songs but clear could every thing else?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Thanks for your help anyway.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Is it adblockplus that has been broken by the latest ff update?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I have the latest firefox with the latest flash block plug in. In the last 24 hours I have not been able to "click" the "f" to run the video. Disabling the plugin works so it isn't anything else?

Anyone else having this?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yes it was youtube for me as well.

I also have another unrelated issue. Sometimes the website link icons from my favourited bar stay on screen until I click them. It's not a huge problem but annoying enough for me to notice it happening multiple times a day. I haven't clicked them or any thing it will always be just one when I minimise firefox.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jan 12, 2015

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Does flashblock work yet?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Flash block still doesn't work on youtube but does work on embedded youtube vids.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Will HTTP/2 speed up streaming or is it just to do with web browsing?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

dpbjinc posted:

HTTP/2 compresses headers into something more compact. For instance, here's the response for a first visit to forums.somethingawful.com:

code:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 03:40:23 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Connection: close
Cache-Control: private, no-cache, pre-check=0, post-check=0
Expires: 0
Pragma: no-cache
X-Backend: forums5
Everything before the colons except the "X-Backend" are standard keywords. HTTP/2 has a custom compression scheme that lets it shrink that text into something humans can't read but that computers can still easily understand. How much that helps streaming depends on how the streaming is done. If it's transmitted over HTTP, those headers can add up over time, and having a more efficient protocol is a great benefit. However, it's not a magic cure for video stuttering; it's a more general improvement meant to save tiny amounts of bandwidth in a very large number of places.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Can some one tell me how to adblock this pop up thing on twitter please.

http://i.imgur.com/6DPuAqL.jpg

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
e - fixed.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Mar 23, 2015

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I have two requests for addons that I have seen either mentioned or asked about in the thread but can't remember. First is one that automatically clicks the notification that the site uses cookies (this may be EU only?).

Second a working alternative to flashblock?

e - thanks guys.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 10:33 on May 25, 2015

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ublock keeps turning itself off and saying it doesn't have the right permissions? I have never had an extension do that? Do I have to run the browser as admin or some thing?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I see there is some huge exploit with adobe. Can I just delete it off my machine completely or will it break every thing?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
What am I doing wrong when posting gifv files? To get them to show up I have to remove the v? Is this what you are supposed to do anyway, I don't really know what gifv is?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

hooah posted:

Why can't I see most of the buttons on the new YouTube player when it's embedded?

I've tried enabling everything Google/YT-related in uMatrix as well as completely disabling uMatrix and uBlock, but no luck. Everything's peachy on YouTube proper.

I get this some times in chrome. I also get a thing where the audio and the video start out of sync. Other times it works perfectly though?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Can some one please tell me how to block the log in drop down menu in the top right hand corner of twitter? I use ublock.

Thanks fapos.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Dec 16, 2015

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Noscript is popping up telling me it's blocking cross site scripting on a number of different trusted sites. Should I be taking more action because of this?

e- thanks Klyith

Jippa fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 19, 2016

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Middle click (scroll wheel) no longer opens a new tab in either chrome or firefox, an ideas?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

slidebite posted:

Holy poo poo, I had no idea middle button did that :monocle:

How do you survive without it? I have been ctrl clicking and it's a pain in the arse. Also cheers geemer I realised the actual button has broken.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The imgur uploader addon has stopped working and I can't even find the page in the addons section. Any ideas?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah I tried the most popular one and it doesn't even work.

astral posted:

Do I understand correctly that you just want an addon that adds a right-click option on all sites' images to rehost them on imgur? I'm really surprised this doesn't exist already.

That was the add on I had that just stopped working.

I just googled and found a reddit post, why do you think they removed it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/46m8s7/imgur_addon/

Jippa fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 4, 2016

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Numero6 posted:

uBlock worked after a reinstallation but now it seems to gently caress up with some websites (mainly eBay).
When I click on a link, it just gets stuck but it's ok when I open in a new tab. Maybe some Javascript fuckery?

Anyone have the same problem?

It works for me until I close firefox, I just had to re install it this morning.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ublock origin seems to have stopped blocking twitch ads for a few weeks now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

maskenfreiheit posted:

Make NoScript Work Again

Feels weird without it doesn't it.