Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Met48
Mar 15, 2009

hackedaccount posted:

Heh, the only place I see this behavior is on the SA forums. I always have to click Back twice and sometimes Forward just refuses to work.

You need to use Adblock Plus to block the top ads (the bottom one can remain), it's a SA-specific problem. Speaking of which, this showed up frequently in the last thread; it might be worth noting it in the OP.

Met48 fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Met48
Mar 15, 2009

dissss posted:

The problem is probably tied up with your profile anyway - its worth creating another one and seeing if the current version can behave itself before resorting to rolling back.

This. I've had some crashing problems before, but it's usually fixed by recreating the profile. I'm running 7.0 without problems right now.

Met48
Mar 15, 2009

Bootstrap Beefstud posted:

Is there any way to stop the text select blinker popping up whenever I click on a page? I can't scroll down with the arrow keys any more.

It sounds like you've got Caret Browsing on. Press F7 to toggle it.

Met48
Mar 15, 2009
I've been seeing tab duplication for a number of builds now, even with Tree-Style tabs. But it might be an issue with my install, since Aurora has also stopped updating correctly.

Met48
Mar 15, 2009

saucepanman posted:

Does anyone have any tips on how to use tree style tabs? One issue I can't figure out on my own is getting threads from the SA user cp to open up as child tabs (middle click last read thread button -> new tab), not as independant ones.

This is a bug. There's an updated version of Tree Style Tab which fixes it, but it's not yet reviewed by AMO. You can install that or get by with right click -> open link in new tab for now.

Met48
Mar 15, 2009

the yeti posted:

Anybody?

This is what I'm seeing:

Now that I'm thinking about it Tree Style Tabs has been getting increasingly wonky, so I wouldn't hate a suggestion for a different sort of tab organizing extension as long as it can do vertical tabs.

Are these tabs from having "When Firefox starts: Show my windows and tabs from last time" selected? If so, I regularly start a firefox session that way, with a lot of tabs, and don't encounter this. Using Firefox 48.

Maybe another addon is interfering with Tree Style Tab?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Met48
Mar 15, 2009

Backyarr posted:

So is it time to talk about which fork of Firefox to migrate to if we want to keep our old XUL addons?

One option if you want to keep addons working for as long as possible is to switch to the 52 ESR; it's supported until around June 2018 (6 months past the 57 release target).