Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PUNCHITCHEWIE
Apr 4, 2009
IF I'M TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL, IGNORE ME. I'M A FUCKING IDIOT.
I love the new bug where Firefox hangs and you have to kill it if you try to switch between headphones and speakers as audio devices in Win 7. loving Mozilla. Why do I even use this poo poo browser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUNCHITCHEWIE
Apr 4, 2009

Dice Dice Baby posted:

Because you touch yourself at night? :iamafag:

On a more serious note: did you google this specific bug? It doesn't really appear, in my opinion, to be Firefox related. Try killing plugin-container.exe (you know, your flash container executable) and then switching between headphones and speakers and see what happens

Thanks for the tip, but I don't run flash. Chrome handles switching devices fine though, and Firefox 9 seemed to as well. Not 10 though.

PUNCHITCHEWIE
Apr 4, 2009

Prize Loser posted:

It's probably some random plugin that you don't even use that's causing the issue. Check what plugins you're running in Firefox>Addons>Plugins. Disable everything you don't need, restart Firefox, and try again.

If that doesn't fix it, try making a new profile for testing purposes and see if it happens in that profile.

Just AdBlock and Firebug, disabled both and this didn't fix it. I don't know how to make a new profile and frankly I'm done spending time on this issue, but thanks anyway.