Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Are you talking about stuff like these 5 pixels between the top of the box and the first actual option?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Bertha the Toaster posted:

I still to this day hate the revamped version of Firefox Android. At this point I don't even remember all the things it used to do other than the lack of extensions. That and when you click on the address bar and click one of your frequently visited sites it opens a new tab rather than using the current one so I end up with loads of tabs for no reason and have to keep closing them. I don't understand why they made it do this and I don't understand why they can't fix it. I don't suppose anyone knows if there's a workaround/fix/addon for this?

I just wholesale jumped ship to Edge for Android. It comes with ABP integration so it's better than nothing, but sure ain't great. It's just less irritating in the UX department.
Smasnug's Internet app is also kinda decent and supports a few ad blocking companion apps.

Every time I give Firefox Android another shot it's just terrible all around.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I've taken to using the ublock origin eye dropper thing to block the thumbnail. Just pick the first line in the selector and get rid of everything after the video id.

You'll end up with a grey surface (after a real refresh of the page) and somehow youtube picks up on that and starts showing other shorts I hate to look at less.

Unfortunately it's per video, not per channel because they don't expose the channel name for the shorts.

Also I think it's hilarious how badly they want you to click those by making the normal videos have the thumbnail become a video player of you mouse over, but shorts don't.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

With the old button you could just hold ctrl to open it on a new tab and shift to open in a new window.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Are you human?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Tabs should always open at the end of the list unless they're opened by dragging the link to a different location. Any half baked attempts at grouping by relation are bad. Hth op.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

isndl posted:

I was wondering why I couldn't pull to refresh anymore on two different devices, turns out Mozilla just quietly changed the default for that feature to off. You can re-enable it manually in the settings or you can wait for them to fix however many bugs it is that made them decide to flip that toggle.

For things like that it's more likely that a dev has a personal grudge against the feature and fantasized a user story to justify loving up features. Wouldn't be the first time.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Speaking of, they added an about config option to disable the shift click behavior in case a site is dependent on that combo.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1759303

And it looks like for once they didn't make the stupid option the default.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Does clearing the list speed it up?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

If that doesn't work you could maybe try the database maintenance in about:support, but if that doesn't clear it up you might wanna try a new profile.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'm with Atopian about the tab handling feeling terrible, but I'm entirely unable to properly describe why it feels so bad.

I highly suspect me putting the url bar on top and the workflow being designed with it in the wrong spot has something to do with it.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Knormal posted:

Private tabs are even worse, if you have a private tab open if adds a notification icon to the top of the screen letting you know you have a private tab open in the background. It's baffling.

My theory about those it's a trick to make android less likely to kill the browser when it's in the background.

Most other Android browsers do it as well, only exception I've seen is Samsung internet browser.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

SA keeps drafts of posts in local storage if you want to whitelist us.

Does it still keep the drafts there indefinitely?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

They've been caught doing that poo poo before, multiple times.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Jiro posted:

The search function on smilies is a lifesaver.

That's been a default feature for years now

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Ctrl+Shift+T used to only reopen closed tabs from the current window.
But nowadays it also reopens closed windows and/or tabs in other windows, prioritizing those if they were closed more recently than the tabs in the current window.

Is there any way to get the old behavior back?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Klyith posted:

Apparently no, they changed firefox's tab restore to work exactly like chrome because too many chrome people were complaining.

(Mostly they were complaining that firefox couldn't restore closed tabs from a previous session. That also was added. There are about :config prefs to not store closed tabs & windows across sessions, but not one to do classic undo close tab like you want.)

Well, poo poo. Thanks anyway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

It's better than the garbage behavior it is now, so I'll give it a shot. Thanks.