Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Sorry for the basic question, but I can't seem to get an even vaguely-definitive answer anywhere else. If I use Chrome with uBlock Origin (with most filters turned on), uBlock Origin Extra, Decentraleyes, HTTPS Everywhere, and DNT on, is there really much of a privacy advantage from switching to Firefox? Depending on where I look, I either hear "Chrome just has worse default settings for user privacy but can be just as private as FF", or "Chrome contains in-built trackers you literally can't get rid of and the CIA laugh at your browsing history over lunch".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

So uh, if Firefox is gently drifting into an iceberg, anyone have positive experiences with any alternatives (inb4 obligatory "Chrome" gag)?

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Klyith posted:

Vivaldi, but I think jumping ship right now is a bit premature. Unless you were already up on the deck looking around for a lifeboat.

Oh for sure. I'm prob anchored to FF until it breathes its last. Mostly just asking out of curiosity since "browser options" seem to boil down 'pick Chrome or FF'.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Tab queue isn't in Fenix right now afaict and I'm not sure if they have plans to put it back in. Sucks because that's really the only missing feature from Fennec that I used regularly.