Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
My Firefox had been using 2 processes since the past updates, but now it's back to one process. Did something happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011

dont be mean to me posted:

about :support (no space) will tell you if it's doing that and why under Application Basics > Multiprocess Windows.

Firefox considers Windows' touch keyboard an accessibility feature.

Mozilla has problems dealing with user accessibility.

More details here.

Fix: go to about :config (also no space) and make a new boolean named browser.tabs.remote.force-enable and set it to true.

Also even if multiprocess is fine it won't actually start new processes until it has to start rendering Web content and even then only something like one per window.

Thank you for your help. Turns out it was one of my addons. I got rid of it and it seems to be working great.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
I had to manually install the 53.0 update this time for some reason. Anyone else have this issue?

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011

Szmitten posted:

Initially, yes, but after opening the About Firefox window it did it fine.

That didn't work for me for some reason.

Ola posted:

I got prompted to update to 52.0.2esr, which failed with "patch apply failed", very useful message. I then closed, restarted Firefox as administrator, checked "about" and updated to 53.0 just fine. Closed and opened again.

Maybe it was some folder permission thing cause by a wrongly configured installer, which I forced through by starting as administrator. :downs:

Maybe I should have tried that.