Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

jeeves posted:

Did they forcibly remove Java the way Chrome did?

This is worrying to me, I am forced to use it for various tasks at work.

I guess I'll have to use IE or some poo poo for that now.

The 64 bit Java plugin I was using in Waterfox is missing from the plugins page, the only ones listed are Cisco OpenH264, Primetime Content Decryption, and Flash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

jeeves posted:

I downloaded the x64 installer off of the above FTP link, and manually pointed it to be installed to "C:\Program Files\" and "C:\Program Files (x86)"

Is there any way to tell otherwise if it is actually x64? I would think it would say in the About Firefox like Chrome does, but newp.

Go to Windows' task manager. If it's 32 bit it'll say so (either as "*32" or something like that on Windows 7 and Vista, or as "(32 bit)" on 8 or 10), otherwise if there's no indication it's 64 bit.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Applebees posted:

They are also not putting the 64-bit download link on the website, because they don't think it's quite ready for a wide audience. Mostly due to Flash issues.

Uh, what Flash issues? Flash has worked perfectly fine in 64 bit Firefox builds for years at this point. You sure you're not thinking of Java, which they removed support for?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Alec Eiffel posted:

Firefox for iOS is so incredibly bare bones.

Apple's rules for iOS "alternate browsers" don't allow it to do much.

The Milkman posted:

I've been feeling left out because all their changes and cuts were things I never used but now I can join in on the grousing. I knew this was coming because I'm sure no one else uses it but tab groups are a great tool. I liked it much better than Tree Style Tabs and all those heavy extensions.

I've never gotten what they provide that simply having other tabs in a minimized window doesn't handle.