Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
I've looked at nightly a few times since it got 57 and it's speed is really nice!

It still seems to use more ram than chrome but isn't one of their projects that's still in the works supposed to help with that?

My only real complaint is the dark theme that they introduced in Dev got changed from a blueish color to black, but I guess it matches the Win10 dark theme a bit more so whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
When did Firefox finally fix its font rendering? I go away for a few versions and suddenly it looks just like other browsers instead of weird and broken

Because they fixed it, and my group of friends tied to Hangouts has moved to Telegram, Im actually thinking about moving back.

If I was to use Firefox mobile, is there anyway to remove the tab bar? its got both a bar and a button like chrome so Im not sure why both have to exist, and on the phone the button is the better UI/UX

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013

Mr.Radar posted:

Not sure what you're talking about with the tab bar, Firefox looks exactly the same as Chrome on my phone. Did you hack your device so apps treat it like a tablet when selecting a UI layout? That might do it.

nah, used a fresh install on a stock Pixel 2 XL.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
1 pixel too many tbh

Less important, but annoying in context: It also doesn't have the native dark theme, and the not-Personas still arent great so... This wasnt a deal breaker, because Chrome is also all white, but hey, if I'm making a list :v:

So, Ill probably stick to mobile chrome, but move to desktop firefox. Syncing between devices is nice but its not a feature I use too often. Maybe in a few versions theyll sort some of the final pain points out.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013

dud root posted:

So I'm on 60.0.0.2 with uBlock Origin 1.16.10 and twitter videos (or embedded on this site) just wont play. I can see the preview frame, but it goes white when I hit play. Disabling uBlock makes no difference :/

I just went through this. Try clearing your cookies and cache. I tried playing with the CSP stuff the internet says was blocking it and even in FF's Safe Mode nothing worked. Popped the link open in private browsing and it worked, then clearing cache fixed it for main browser