Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Alright, I installed uBlock Origin, are there any tips for using it, or should I not touch it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Is Firefox IDE a thing that can just randomly pop up for you, or pops up from a keyboard command?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
What the hell? I'm watching twitch and suddenly an ad starts playing - I have Ublock Origin.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Well I hope Ublock can cut that out soon

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
well firefox's webpage says i'm up to date, so..yay?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hargrimm posted:

If you want to verify, open About Firefox from the question mark in the hamburger menu and make sure it says you're on 50.0.2

God, I wish they still used normal drat words for menus so I don't have to say things like "the question mark in the hamburger menu"

Oh, i was on 50.0.1, not .2! Thanks for the info

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I just reinstalled Windows and started a clean Firefox profile, and uBlock Origin is... different. It's like more compact now? I open it from the toolbar icon and no longer see the giant list of exactly what's being blocked or allowed with numbers and lots of red and green.

Is there a way I can get that display back? I need to specifically diagnose some specific element blocks.

Go to the settings menu for Ublock, and check off "I am an advanced user," I think that'll enable the blocked/allowed list

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kheldarn posted:

Since upgrading to 50.0.2, any time I open a new tab, it automatically places the cursor in the URL bar, and makes the bar blank. Is there any way to make it stop doing this?

I'm on version 50.1.0

maybe you need to update?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Is there any point to having Flash any more?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Why does the taskmaster show two instances of firefox?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Thank you.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Am I supposed to be on Firefox 51.0.1 (32 bit)? Last I checked the "about firefox" only said 51.0.1, not including the 32 bit thing. am i just being paranoid?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Upon going to Imgur, all of my tabs stopped loading what was on them, only displaying a loading symbol. I could not exit Firefox through the big red X, i had to click the X on all the tabs multiple times. Did that piece of poo poo website just overload firefox, or has it been overtaken by some virus?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Very seldomly, Firefox just completely shits itself and doesnt load any tabs (claiming it couldn't establish a connection to the websites), or if it does load something like twitter, no images load. Youtube worked perfectly fine but that was it. Restarting had the same problem persist until I refreshed the pages. is the multi-process stuff just failing when that happens?

edit: Discord also failed to send messages, but received them just fine. Maybe it's my internet?

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 27, 2017

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Google related stuff seems to be eating plenty of ram lately, like watching a youtube stream or accessing Gmail.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
note to self: don't select "refresh firefox" after installing the 64bit version

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gorilla Salad posted:

That very nearly happened to me once. They really need to use another term for "nuke all your settings and addons".

funny thing is, i remember this exact thing happening to me before it happened again today!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I feel like this has happened before, but while chatting on discord, the pages I was viewing in the background went black. restarted firefox, everything is fine. graphical error?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

fishmech posted:

Yeah sounds like a minor graphics driver glitch. If it starts happening more often, you might have an actual fault in the video card.

I'll keep an eye out for it, thank you

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Alright yeah, even after updating the drivers firefox has still done the black-screen twice today. Like, the tabs/bookmarks bar is fine, but the contents of the page go completely black. A friend says that this just happens with the latest firefox version, but man that's really annoying. Hope they fix this garbage soon.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gorilla Salad posted:

I had this happen to me and, like Fishemch said, it was a precursor to a very expensive series of hardware upgrades.

Firefox is like the mining canary telling you your computer is dying.

but this dang compy was built a year and a half ago, boo..

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Latest Nvidia drivers show known issue:
[Firefox.exe]: Browser errors may occur or the browser may crash with NVIDIA drivers. [200301372]

so if you've been seeing weird behavior on Nvidia GPUs it should eventually be fixed with new drivers over the next few months or so

No wonder...

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nalin posted:

What's worse is that Win 10 will auto-update your NVIDIA drivers. You have to jump through a whole bunch of hoops to stay on older driver versions. I often will connect to TVs via HDMI through my laptop, so I have HAD to stay on the 378.92 drivers. Yet every few weeks Windows 10 will auto-install a new driver and I'll have to rollback, blacklist the driver, and reinstall the old ones. Such a pain.

But, with Firefox 54 beta and the latest NVIDIA drivers on my desktop PC, I haven't gotten a black screen in a while. So hopefully it is mostly fixed. Firefox 54 should be released in 4 days.

Win10 doesnt seem to auto-update nvidia drivers for me. seems like a blessing, really. Speaking of which, it seems there's new drivers to download, but i'm not going to.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So how do I check if I have multiprocess on/off? just about:support in the address bar?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i do not understand people that can stand having more than five tabs open at a time

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Twitch ads seem to be going through ublock origin, i wonder if they've learned how to just bypass any adblocker.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I go to "about firefox" and it says i'm up to date despite being on 54.0.1, what gives

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
allllllright so i was browsing twitter, and Ublock origin's lil counter of requests blocked suddenly disappeared. I click on ublock, and firefox just lags the poo poo out. i restart and go into my extensions list, and it's now "ublock origin/webext-hybrid"? what the hell does that mean

edit: nm

Ublock Origin github posted:

The first time uBO/webext-hybrid executes, there might be a noticeable delay[1]: this is caused by the fact that uBO/webext-hybrid will import all the data from legacy storage, into webext storage. This is done only the first time the uBO/webext-hybrid is executed, after this the import step will be skipped.

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Firefox-WebExtensions

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 28, 2017

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ringu0 posted:

Warning: a new uBlock 1.14.x kills existing settings.

Jeez, I'm getting really lucky with these installs it seems.. The only addons I have are ublock origin, noscript, and Better Twitch TV / FrankerfaceZ, maybe its some problem with other add ons causing this? or maybe firefox just sucks

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Im_Special posted:

Oh great the L word has been said twice now, one more and that guy gets summoned here. gently caress.

Tavis Ormandy?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
what the gently caress is firefox screenshots and why did it just add itself next to ublock

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mr.Radar posted:

57 is when they roll out their new UI, kill support for "legacy" extensions, and introduce some major performance enhancements (search for Firefox Quantum). It will the biggest change to Firefox at least since they rolled out Australis back in 2014 and arguably since they moved to their current rapid release cycle with Firefox 4 in 2011.

Hold up, Noscript is listed as a legacy extension. This better get corrected before 57 comes around.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

dont be mean to me posted:

Noscript is getting updated for 57, but also it's got a history of dodgy behavior, AdBlock Plus-style.

This is the first I'm hearing of that! I'll try uMatrix later

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
uMatrix seems to be working well so far, are there any special changes I should make right away, or should I not fiddle with it?

edit: I'm already experiencing a problem where clicking the "Mark as unread" button next to a thread takes me to the start of the thread instead of marking it as unread

Spoilers also don't highlight on mousing over, and people quoting me isnt shaded as yellow. Imgur images also are not loading.
Fixed the problems, turns out I just needed to unblock some google thing

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Oh wow they put a mini-clippy in the address bar now, I noticed this when searching something on youtube. Thanks for allowing me to turn that off, Firefox.