Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Witch Hat
Oct 28, 2020

Megillah Gorilla posted:

This is what I use with Violentmonkey:

code:
And, of course, just change the width from 90% to anything that floats your boat.

EDIT: And, if you don't like the sea of white you end up with on either side of the forums, I use this script in Stylus to change it to a calm blue/grey.

code:
Oh, and the reason all the other lines after the background-color line are there is because sometimes I like to change the background-image line from "none" to a URL for something pretty, like a starscape.

If you don't think you'll ever be doing that, you can just delete them.

I use Stylish with this:
code:
#container {
	max-width: 1200px;
	margin: 0 auto;
}
Backgrounds in subforums with custom themes seem to work fine this way (though I need to get around to disabling some of those because a certain green-on-black theme burns my eyes). I noticed that I get a split second of the old layout if I use a userscript for applying styles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Witch Hat
Oct 28, 2020

Ayin posted:

you don't like amberpos?

also, I get the split-second-of-old-style thing too, except I don't use any userstyles :saddowns: it's a bummer, but not enough to bother looking into why it happens...

I think I'd like it if it was actually amber. #00FF00 on #000000 on an LCD isn't pleasant at all for me though.

For user styles, I noticed I don't get the split second thing with Stylus, so I use that.