Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

velocityJE
Jul 11, 2001

~ LOVE FOREVER ~
I apologize if this turns out to not be a browser issue but I'm having a problem with getting Firefox to play any HTML5 audio; I can't hear Vines, can't hear Google Music player if HTML5 is enabled; can't play most Soundcloud songs etc. Chrome and IE both will play all of these. I looked at the Playback menu while playing a song on Soundcloud and see the audio seems to be getting sent to an SPDIF output I am not using:

I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I could find including completely reinstalling Firefox with no extensions installed whatsoever and it still does it. Just curious what this might be. This is on Windows 8 64 with Firefox 22.

Edit: VVV Forgot to mention, disabling those two outputs doesn't seem to have any effect.

velocityJE fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

velocityJE
Jul 11, 2001

~ LOVE FOREVER ~

Alereon posted:

Weird, what I'm reading (though old) indicates that Firefox checks for the system default audio device on startup and then sends audio to that. You might try exiting Firefox, setting one of the other outputs as default, setting the default back to the intended device, then relaunching Firefox. Have you tried using Reset Firefox from about :support and/or using a completely fresh Firefox profile?

Also, is the same problem happening with Flash, or is it working correctly? They SHOULD be completely unrelated so I would expect that Flash would not be affected by whatever was causing this.

I tried resetting, tried a new profile, and tried a fresh install from scratch altogether. Flash works fine. I've tried all manner of switching defaults and whatnot to no avail, Firefox won't send HTML5 audio to the right output. This is really puzzling.

Swilo posted:

Could it be related to the new Windows Media Foundation support and the way your Windows Media Player is configured?
I haven't messed with Windows Media Player or anything, I don't even use it. This just started happening when I loaded Firefox the other day.

velocityJE
Jul 11, 2001

~ LOVE FOREVER ~

jink posted:

Loving the new search UI:

yeah how do i make this go away