Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Hey I just switched back to FF and it has this feature that prevents redirects, I like it, but wish there was some way to whitelist sites. I searched add-ons but most of the hits are either adding this feature (old extensions) or trying to modify redirects directly. Suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Are you using Web of Trust?

I don't even know what that is. No it's part of FF, under options, advanced, general, accessibility. I'm going to turn it off until I can figure out a way to control it because pretty much every forum uses redirects when you post.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I switched from FF to chrome some years ago and started to switch back but noticed some things. YouTube videos look washed out compared to chrome. FF feels slow, its hard to explain but the mouse feels slower, the program feels slow, like its all stuck in virtual molasses. Anything that can be done about those?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Alereon posted:

It sounds like you have outdated videocard drivers that are causing Firefox to disable hardware acceleration. Make sure you download the latest drivers from your GPU manufacturer (Intel, AMD, or nVidia).

Whatever it was fixed itself. I had installed a new video card last night, I did update the drivers. But while I was gone today W10 installed more updates and problem solved. It even feels a little snappier. Chalk one up for MS.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Looks like I picked the wrong time to switch back to Firefox from Chrome.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

xamphear posted:

Why? Firefox has never been more Chrome-like, or at a closer feature parity with Chrome. It's only long-time Firefox users who are getting dinged by these changes. If you're coming from Chrome, what recent changes to Firefox are making it worse than Chrome?

Salr is dead apparently. Otherwise I'm not having any problems just saw all the complaints

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

iospace posted:

It's not. The chrome one has been ported over and I think it just needs to be submitted to Mozilla now.

Cool. Chrome has been aggravating me for awhile and seems to be a memory hog so I decided to move back to Firefox. Also, text looks way better in FF for some reason.