Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The only reason at this point I keep using Firefox is that adblock just works without bothering me and blocks almost everything. When I try Chrome or Safari and install the adblockers I still see some once in a while, especially youtube ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Toast Museum posted:

Sorry, I didn't mean about :addons. I mean addons.mozilla.org. I don't want to bother installing anything that won't be compatible in a few months, and I'm not seeing a way to limit my searches to multiprocess-ready addons.

This is a start

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/tag/firefox57

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hughmoris posted:

The new Firefox Focus browser that they just released for Android absolutely flies on my Nexus 6p.

I tried it out and it just seems to be a regular browser permanently in incognito mode. Why wouldn't I just use incognito mode?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

dud root posted:

Is Firefox Focus worth using on Android over regular+uBlock ?

It has no home page, no tabs, and no bookmarks. Just use incognito mode on regular.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

SA already has a native "jump to last unread" button though.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why wouldn't you use Pocket anyway? I find articles impossible to read on my phone without it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I just upgraded and like it a lot. Pages do seem to load faster but that might be placebo from reading the marketing. This is on a desktop with 16 gigs RAM so it never felt slow in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

A lot of passwords get hacked and leaked to the dark web or whatever anyway so the complexity of the password probably doesn't matter as much as whether you turn on two factor authentication for everything. And preferably you don't get the codes sent through sms.