Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Clippings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

NihilCredo posted:

Why, apparently "nobody" is my second name!

:v:

(yes, I get that you meant "nobody but übernerds". Though really, that ought to have become the default taskbar style since widescreen monitors became the standard)
My favorite part is how you use the left 1/6 of your screen to display a calendar that doesn't have a single event on it

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Are there any extensions around that will allow me to hit a hotkey and remove all chrome (possibly including the titlebar) from the browser window without fullscreening?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Chrome's multi-process model is nice for those of us still stuck having to deal with Java and Flash on a daily basis, though it's a total pig on memory compared to Firefox these days (and man does it still feel weird to type those words in that order).

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Has anyone gotten Stratiform and Tree Style Tab not looking like poo poo together in FF18? Stratiform keeps trying to style the tabs, and it sucks.

Edit: Speaking of FF18, did anyone else see a serious regression in smooth-scrolling performance after upgrading?

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 13, 2013

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

slidebite posted:

Hi guys, I shambled into this thread by accident but thought you knowledgable folks might help. Firefox has been my browser of choice since well, I guess forever if count my old Netscape days.

ANYHOW, I use Yahoo as my homepage, have for years too. However, I've noticed on Firefox it has some weird theme which I really don't like. First I thought it was a setting in Yahoo, but I looked all through my options and configurations and see nothing there. Then, I looked at in on IE and Chrome and it appeared as it always had, makes me think it is a browser setting.

Does anyone know if/what setting in firefox causes it to look like this:

I want it to look like this:

Thanks very much!
You linked the same image twice.

Edit: There you go! :)

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

pseudorandom name posted:

This is the first time I've looked at Yahoo in years, but based on the addition of infinite scrolling to the Firefox version, they're testing (or rolling out) a new update to their site design and haven't gotten around to Chrome and IE yet.
Yeah, it's pretty common for web companies to randomly select users to roll new features out to. Try a Private Browsing session; if you see the old layout, you've been given a magic cookie that sticks you on the new layout.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Fangs404 posted:

I'm on the stable channel, so this is the fist time I've seen the JS PDF reader in action. It seems to work amazingly well. I'm really impressed.
Text rendering is butt compared to Chrome, but the user interface is otherwise really nice. The other lovely thing is that unlike Chrome's PDF reader, it needs the whole document to be downloaded before it will render anything.

Edit: Here's an IBM Redbook in Firefox, and then again in Chrome:

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 20, 2013

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I upgraded to the Firefox 20 beta last night and pdf.js really looks great in this release. There's still some weird stuff in places, but the PDF I posted earlier about how much pdf.js sucks looks great now. Looks like incremental loading works now, too, in a couple of cases.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Okay, FF23 is just really unreasonably fast. I've tended to use it in spite of its performance, and not because of it, but this is blowing Chrome out of the water on this machine. I don't remember a browser feeling this snappy compared to other browsers on my machine since the first time I tried Opera 6.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Weird question (no weirder than the questions I usually ask I guess): does anyone know how to remove the minimize/maximize/close buttons in fullscreen mode?

e: looks like the Hide Caption Titlebar Plus extension can do what I need!

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 5, 2015

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Geemer posted:

The big difference between Sync and Pocket is that Sync is just there in the background, not getting in your face if you don't use it. While Pocket forced a non-removable (without CTR) button onto your toolbar and into your context menu.
Not sure about the context menu, but it's two clicks in FF57/Photon to pull it out of the address bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Has anyone seen the new Firefox nightly logo? Pity they'd never use it as the actual shipping icon:

:smugbert:
I noticed that before too, it just landed today! It was the normal Firefox branding yesterday, though with higher contrast than the stable release. Nice to have a clear visual distinction between Firefox versions in my dock, like we used to get with Aurora.