Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

m2pt5 posted:

Where is the option to disable hiding the "http://" in the address bar?

Edit: Thanks. I don't know why they do that. Many forums won't post links properly without that part; I can totally see a lot of broken links here on SA in the near future.
VV
When copying the link it includes [url]http://[/url] even though it's not shown in the address bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Alereon posted:

The only time I see Firefox be downright unresponsive is when I have it reload my last session and it has to pull up a bunch of tabs, which pretty much freezes the browser until they load. That sucks, and I wish it didn't do that, but since that's something I hit so rarely it doesn't really affect my daily usage.
You might want to enable the option "Don't load tabs until selected" in options. If you don't need every single tab loaded as soon as the browser opens, and can stand to wait a second for them to load individually when you click them, it makes FF so much more responsive when loading a large session.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

nexus6 posted:

+ New tabs open next to my current one, so I don't have to scroll all the way to the end to fnd it
If you don't need the myriad of features that TabMixPlus offers, you can use about :config to change this behavior. Set browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent to False.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Golbez posted:

Best part: It's not even "search Google". It's "search using whatever engine you have picked in your search bar at this moment." Which is usually Google, yes, but could be Amazon, Wikipedia, etc.
If you think that's awesome, check this out: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/context-search/

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Extension settings don't get synced, just the extensions themselves.
Extensions can sync their settings, but they have to include specific support for it. I know that ABP does. I don't know of any others, but there might be some. :iiam:

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

thrawn527 posted:

Are you sure? I just upgraded to Firefox 11, and I don't see that anywhere. Here's what I see after clicking Inspect Element:

Where am I missing a 3D button?
Should be at the bottom right, with HTML and Style.

If you go to about :support and scroll to the bottom what's it have in the Graphics section?

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Sinking Ship posted:

Is there anyway for me to backup all my Firefox stuff (bookmarks auto-complete passwords and such) to my external hard drive? I'm changing computers and it would be a real hassle to lose all the stuff Firefox knows about me - I checked the Firefox site and googled it but I couldn't seem to find anything that quite answered how/if I can do this.
Could also copy the profile from your old computer to your new one. Under Vista/7/8 it's located at C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla. Under XP it's located at C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Mozilla

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

midnightclimax posted:

I'm having trouble displaying a preview of Twitter on the newtab-page. It's probably related to it being https? I googled for a solution a while ago, but the fix was dependent on a feature in about :config that has since been removed. Or something. Right now I just get a blank square, and that's a bit annoying.

That is by design. It won't show a preview of any https site.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Eonwe posted:

Any chance of a compatible SA extension with a more recent release, or are those efforts pretty much over for now?
What do you mean? SALR works fine on the current versions of Firefox/Aurora.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Eonwe posted:

Oh, for some reason it gave me an error message. I'll try it again.
Make sure you're running the latest version. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2571027&pagenumber=89#post426730360

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Avenging Dentist posted:

You literally just push a button to get the old theme.
Which button is that?

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Avenging Dentist posted:

It tells you how on the welcome page.
I didn't get the welcome page because I manually upgraded my Aurora install from the about page and it loaded my profile after the restart which is set to show all my windows and tabs from last time and I immediately changed it to not use a separate profile. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though.
That only changes what the new tab page looks like.

In case anyone is wondering, you just have to click Customize under the hamburger menu and there is a big rear end button for "Use Firefox Developer Edition Theme"

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

IPvSH6T posted:

So every time I load an HTML5 video on youtube, the audio track starts twice.

Where do I start to try and figure out why that happens.
This seemed to happen frequently when I was using the Youtube Center greasemonkey script. Are you using that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

hooah posted:

Can an update be forced, or do you have to either download the installer or wait for the update?
PatchMyPC is pretty great. I have it scheduled to do it every week, and you can manually run it yourself whenever you want. Does a whole lot more than just update flash too.