Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Briantist
Dec 5, 2003

The Professor does not approve of your post.
Lipstick Apathy
I've been having an issue using firefox over remote desktop sessions ever since the UI changes in version 4.

I am connected to my desktop at home from work all day through RDP, and then when I go home, I use it locally.

What happens is that the firefox windows get all screwy in Aero. They have sort of "ghost" images of other parts of the window in them, the close/min/max buttons at the top right don't show up in the right place, and are unclickable, etc.

Once it happens, the window does this whether I'm using it locally or remotely. Additional windows will act normally but I have to close the affected ones to make it go away on those.

I searched all around the web for this (months ago now) and found no one talking about it. Has anyone else experienced it? Has anyone found a solution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Briantist
Dec 5, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Microsoft Spy posted:

Have you all filled bugs on this behavior?
Sure haven't. But this bug seems to be roughly the same issue.

Briantist
Dec 5, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Microsoft Spy posted:

I think the issues might be related, but you are at least getting something, not completely black right?
It's not completely black; the content area is fine, but often the parts of the window that are styled by aero do become completely black.

And to be honest I didn't file a bug because of all the reasons everyone here is stating. I just wasn't going to say anything because I thought I was just being lazy (perhaps that is still the case), but yeah, having to create an account is the biggest barrier right off the bat. I also don't have exact steps necessary to replicate the issue.

And again the problem just isn't inconvenient enough to outweigh the inconvenience of filing. Apparently someone else filed it over a year ago when 4 was still in beta but since the person it was assigned to doesn't have a machine he can replicate it on, not a drat thing has been done to even work on the problem since.

Anyway, to say something positive, so far 7 seems like it is performing better and actually using less RAM. The first firefox upgrade where I've ever noticed a performance increase or decreased RAM usage.