Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*
About the fonts, I had a little look around since they had changed again going from beta to aurora with hardware accelleration on and found gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.rendering_mode in about:config has a few options you can try:

-1 - Firefox default
0 - Default
1 - Aliased
2 - GDI Classic
3 - GDI Natural
4 - Natural
5 - Natural Symmetric

Mine was set to -1 but some characters look really weird, like "7" is really wide. I found 0 to be the best looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*
Try setting gfx.content.azure.enabled to 'false' and restarting browser. Got it from http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=12700709#p12700709.

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*
My only complaint about the UI change is it looks like rear end on Windows Classic. If anyone knows how to change that blue on the menu bar to the same colour as the rest of the UI I'd love to hear it. Also double clicking the tab bar doesn't open a new empty tab but fullscreens Firefox instead. I didn't notice but it seems I use that quite a lot!

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*
Yeah same here, nothing fancy, just Adblock and NoScript. They'll sometimes abruptly stop and refuse to load the rest of the video too.

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*
This has been happening to me too, even on beta. Kind of sucks!

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*

Familiar Foreigner posted:

:barf: Anyone know a way I can get my title-bar color off of my tabs and menu bar? Other than change my windows theme. Prefer to keep the general look if possible.

That's exactly what I want, so it's similar to Thunderbird. I hope someone can come up with a userchrome thing for it too.

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*
Yeah that works a charm, thanks!

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*

Gorilla Salad posted:

But what about all the custom rules I've already made? Will I now have to go to every single site I visit and reblock all the crap?
You can use the backup feature in Adblock then in uBlock, go to the My Filters tab and Import and Append the file you made.

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*
Ah I see what you mean! It seems like it'll only export your custom ones if you switch Adblock to the Custom Filters tab, then backup. Otherwise it exports the built in filter lists.

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*

Sweevo posted:

Does ublock have the narrower/wider selection options when choosing elements to block - like Element Hiding Helper?

When you use the eyedropper on an element, it'll show a list of objects linked to it under Cosmetic Filters. Narrower ones are near the top while wider ones are at the bottom I think. You can just click on each item in the list to see what it blocks.

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*
AlexVallat who'll be contributing to chrisaljoudi's. https://github.com/chrisaljoudi/uBlock/issues/1173

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*
Was there nothing under related bugs when you visit those crash reports?

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*
browser.urlbar.unifiedcomplete to false removes the visit line it seems.

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*
I read the Mozillazine forums. They get pretty mad when the slightest thing changes so one of them had posted it there already. :D

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*
You can just right click on the white background and select block element, or add "twitter.com###signin-dropdown" to your filters in the options.

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*
That just got fixed in today's Nightly! :woop:

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*
On the pull-out menu, click the logger (the table looking icon next to the dropper) and refresh the page. You can click the blocked links/elements and it will tell you which list is causing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fapos
Feb 10, 2004

*FAP* *FaP* *faP*
There's an unsigned version but you might need to set xpinstall.signatures.required to false until it gets approval.