Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.
All this time I've been stuck using the 32-bit build because I couldn't live without LastPass and now I find out they have a compliant version on their website :doh:
I guess its been stuck in the mozilla review process for over a year (possibly still has bugs).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

Buff Skeleton posted:

Yeah, LastPass for Firefox is compete loving dogshit in my experience. Really wish I had an alternative for work.
Weird I switched from Chrome a few months ago and can't say I've noticed any difference. Has worked fine for my usage.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

cis autodrag posted:

Lastpass seems to have a high profile security flaw revealed for their browser extensions every other week. You may want to consider another password manager for that reason alone.
There are security flaws in windows all the time too but I still use it. Reality is I've never heard anyone say they personally had their LastPass hacked. Not saying it's great (extension is definitely janky), but it usually works and is probably the best solution for me. A quick google search shows it's still rated as one of the best password managers out there.

Spyde fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 27, 2017

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

dont be mean to me posted:

Well yeah, when I think of the most proven and respected people in informatics and cryptography, I think of the first page of Google search results.
I mean it was a hell of a lot more informative than this post which contributes nothing.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

~Coxy posted:

I'm baffled by a number of decisions though that seem punitive.

Hamburger menu button is a mandatory button that cannot be moved or hidden. Why isn't it the same as any other button?
Where's my dedicated Reload and Stop buttons?
Why does the urlbar need a ... button (of which the first option is to favorite the page) and a favorite button, neither of which can be removed?
My current userchrome.css tweaks (on Nightly):
code:
/* Remove identity box in the address bar */
#identity-box { display: none !important; }

/* Remove Star bookmark icon */
#star-button { display: none !important; }

/* Remove forward and back buttons */
#forward-button{ display: none !important; }
#back-button{ display: none !important;}

/* Remove Menu button */
#PanelUI-menu-button {display: none;}
#PanelUI-button { -moz-border-start: 0px !important;  border-image: none !important; }

/* Remove Close Tab button */
.tab-close-button {
    display: none !important;
}

/* Center address bar text when not focused */
#urlbar:not([focused]) .urlbar-input-box {
	text-align: center;
}
Takes care of the most annoying things that I miss CTR for. Plus Firefox actually uses Windows theme elements now which was my other major complaint.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

Avenging Dentist posted:

You know you can just right-click the bookmark star and remove it right? (At least on Nightly.) You don't need to add userChrome for it.
That option was bugged for me not long ago, and star just kept coming back after restart, that's why it was in there.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

Probably not what you want, but I just turn Combine taskbar buttons off in the Windows 10 taskbar options so each window is separate.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

Klyith posted:

they need derivative designs for other mozilla projects that they want to tie into firefox branding (because firefox is still their most successful project)

the better question is "why is a non-profit foundation so obsessed with branding and re-branding?"
A non-profit with really only one purpose for existing, Firefox. Seems like they've become awfully corporate and concerned with branching out when they should probably just be focused on making the best browsers possible if they want to continue being relevant competing against tech giants.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

Yes? It's like 95% of their $400mil+ revenue, if not more. This is even more true than 10 years ago before almost everyone moved to cloud-based email. Thunderbird forever~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

Probably been mentioned before, but the h264ify addon makes youtube load wayyy faster for me. My Firefox no longer hangs for a second or two everytime on loading, hooray.

Spyde fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 20, 2018