Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Has anyone else had a problem recently with Firefox hanging for 10-30 seconds every 10 or so minutes? This probably started within the past two weeks. It just goes unresponsive and looks like it's freezing, but then after a little while it will look like it's quickly closed and reopened, but nothing will have changed.

I don't have many addons and I've tried disabling them successively with no change. The only thing I can think of that would have changed is a new version of Firefox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Alereon posted:

If even that doesn't fix it, try making a new profile.

This was the step that fixed it; thanks. Is there any easy way of importing my saved passwords and junk? The addons and bookmarks were easy enough to replace.

And Jago, do you just mean the list you get when you click on Downloads? Because I keep it cleared.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Welp, the bottom of that link talks about a few other issues, one of which is a "huge memory leak" in the downloadhelper addon that I have. Gonna switch back to my original profile for a bit and see if that was the problem.

Zenzirouj fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 2, 2011

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Zenzirouj posted:

Welp, the bottom of that link talks about a few other issues, one of which is a "huge memory leak" in the downloadhelper addon that I have. Gonna switch back to my original profile for a bit and see if that was the problem.
Nope, wasn't the problem, it's still happening. That or the release doesn't actually fix it.

Microsoft Spy posted:

I believe you can use sync to do this, otherwise I think you will have to copy the folders from the old profile. Use this as a guide http://kb.mozillazine.org/Password_Manager
Sync doesn't seem to work on the same machine so I just did the latter, which worked fine. Thanks for the help, everybody!

Biodome posted:

Anyone have a problem trying to full screen youtube vids? Whenever I go to fullscreen on a youtube vid it just maximizes in the browser. It used to pop out into its own flash player window or whatever and I could send it to my other monitor full screened. This is only on youtube cause it still does pops out on other sites.
No, but a similar issue I had for a while was being unable to expand youtube videos, which turned out to be some bizzaro glitch with https-everywhere.

Zenzirouj fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 3, 2011

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Has anybody else had a thing recently (within the last month) where the like/dislike disappeared from youtube? The only thing in its place is a Google+ button. I've tried various combinations of logging out of my google account and using safe mode, but nothing seems to being it back. It's not a huge issue, but it's somehow comforting to add negative ratings to things I don't like.