Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

~Coxy posted:

If Microsoft doesn't have the resources to implement a browser around Chrome renderer then I don't think Firefox can.

They have the resources, but not the organizational ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

grillster posted:

I have history turned off so only bookmarks show up when I type into the URL bar. That said, I've noticed this weird phenomenon, where the order of the bookmarks changes. I get used to typing "wea" and the weather is at the top of the list. Then later, my target weather bookmark when typing "wea" appears somewhere in the middle of the list. I have no idea what is causing the bookmarks to reorder. It didn't use to happen, then one day, it began.

Just a guess, but perhaps the indexing changed when you added another bookmark.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

It sure makes you wonder why an addon by Oleksandr to simply "View and manage downloads from a tidy status bar" fucks with your web pages.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Applebees posted:

It creates its toolbar by injecting it into the web page code.

Could well be innocuous I suppose, but if he really has a history of malware then it's fishy. I looked at the source, not really sure what to look for other than ctrl-f for eval and string replace. No evals, but plenty of string replace which could be used to hide web requests to bad places. Any ideas on where to send a tip?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

lollontee posted:

goddamnit how do i force firefox to run flash now aaaaaaaagh! do i need to find an unupdated flash plugin from some murky filehos full of ransomware? gently caress my my rear end why did i forget to put autoupdates off

"Just stop doing the thing that depends on that" is the most annoying answer to get, but in this case it's the right one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Yeah, see if there are any errors in the console.