Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
I must be overlooking something incredibly simple, but why am I not seeing anyway to add authentication credentials for a VPN/SOCKS5 connection? :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Alereon posted:

For security reasons credentials are stored and managed through the password manager, you'll be prompted for them when you first use the proxy.

Nothing pops up though, I just keep getting "Connection Reset" errors. I can verify the SOCKS5 working, as I can connect via AIM, Skype, and IE9 all fine. Unfortunately, I don't use any of those applications, and using a Proxy through IE seems to change the network configuration for the ENTIRE system :suicide: I just need to dedicate 1 browser to a VPN. Any ideas?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Yea, like I said, IE does change the network settings for the whole system, which is ridiculous. Also, I don't see Authentication fields for SOCKS5 on Opera or Chrome either :confused:

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 5, 2013