Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArcaneMan
Nov 2, 2004
uh oh
Any way to force show controls on HTML5 video (ie gfycat.com)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArcaneMan
Nov 2, 2004
uh oh

pseudorandom name posted:

Right click, select Show Controls

Thanks, but I meant force controls to be shown on load.

ArcaneMan
Nov 2, 2004
uh oh
Anyway to turn this off?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ArcaneMan
Nov 2, 2004
uh oh
Thanks!

ArcaneMan
Nov 2, 2004
uh oh
A week ago I was using 3D Earth view in google maps and for some reason it crashed, Firefox reloaded into 3D mode ok, then crashed again a minute later. When I reloaded google maps now limits me to satellite view, and says that 3D view is unavailable. I haven't been able to figure out how to re-enable 3D earth view.

Incognito mode also limits me to satellite view so I don't think its a cookies issue, but a different Firefox profile works, so I assume its some setting that Firefox enabled automatically on my profile to disable a recurrently crashing 3D mode. However I have not been able to figure out how to re-enable it. Any suggestions?

ArcaneMan
Nov 2, 2004
uh oh
I used to see tweets embedded in the forums. Tweets are no longer embedded. I don't remember if this was a native forums thing or part of a greasemonkey script. Is this a problem with my forums settings, firefox settings, or script settings?

ArcaneMan
Nov 2, 2004
uh oh

Wheany posted:

I've had tweets fail to embed due to both tracking protection and umatrix.

It was tracking protection, thanks!

ArcaneMan
Nov 2, 2004
uh oh
This is my add-ons page. Completely useless, all of a sudden. I'm happy with my UI otherwise, any suggestions on how to fix?

ArcaneMan
Nov 2, 2004
uh oh
I'm not sure what you mean, but deleting userchrome.css resets the UI but doesn't fix the add-ons page.

ArcaneMan
Nov 2, 2004
uh oh

Klyith posted:

also usercontent.css

Thanks, turns out something with usercontent was the issue and clearing it fixed the problem. And I don't have any extensions that affect my toolbar order, its all userchrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArcaneMan
Nov 2, 2004
uh oh

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Updated firefox for the first time in a while because I'm an idiot, and after I managed to finally make it give me my tabs under my other bars again, I had...this. It's like some sort of dead zone. No commands go in, nothing comes out. Can't right click and do anything with tabs. Tabs won't extend past that + into the dead zone, they just stay to the left of the + and get smaller and smaller while the dead zone stays the same size. If I maximize my window, it gets about twice as long, but otherwise it's the same. I can't remember, at this point, if it was there before I had to remake a new userchrome.css file, which literally only has 'move the tabs underneath' inside it.

I can't seem to do anything with said .css file to alleviate this situation, don't even know what something like this would be called to try and google a solution.

I mean, I can live with it, obviously, but it's just so...ugh. Fuckin' mozilla. Always have to break something new with every update.

edit: So dumb I forgot the picture.

This exact same thing happened to me with the update, was able to get tabs on bottom again but still had that space there. Tried for a long time to mess around with css flex settings but in the end I started fresh with a new usercss, used the top google result for tabs on bottom, and that worked.