Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
37 seems to have broken All-In-One Gestures. Last update was a couple years ago nearly, so I'm not holding my breath. Recommendations for a replacement? Apart from the gestures, I use the right-button "rocker" navigation to switch through tabs. But that's not a deal breaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Thanks, guys. It looks like FireGestures might be a fork of AiO or something, because the settings and the layout for the settings are near identical. And unless I'm losing it, it seemed to pull in my custom gestures from my AiO install.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I never got round to switching in the first place. Do I have to do anything?

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Sorry if this has been covered before in this thread,

Im having sound issues in firefox playing videos through youtube,

I have the same issue after opting into the HTML5 version of YouTube. Not really looked into fixing it, because I don't swap audio outputs that often, but just wanted to mention that it's not just you.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Fangs404 posted:

Ok, found my first thing that doesn't work in 64-bit FF - BF4's Battlelog. The browser plugin is 32-bit only. Not sure if they're working on a 64-bit version.

I thought they moved to plugin-free mode, because of how Chrome completely broke their NPAPI plugin?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065244991565242/

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

That's a shame. I actually use Firefox as my daily browser, but use Chrome with Battlelog as an "application shortcut", so it acts like a mini-app, with no toolbars or anything. Separates my gaming from my browsing a bit more.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

mike12345 posted:

I really like turning websites into apps for stuff like bandcamp, feedly, and twitch. Gets rid of menu and url bars, plus I don't accidentally close it while browsing*.

*because I'm still using FF as my main.

This is what I do. Gmail and Battlefield Battlelog as apps, FF as primary browser.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Grim Up North posted:

Doesn't that still open links in Chrome? I haven't tried it recently but there's a seven year old bug about it.

I mean I'd like to use Chrome like that, but gently caress having to copy every link that someone mailed me.

Yeah, but usually it's just an article or something. I can deal with just reading the occasional page, and my Twitch notifications need to be in Chrome as I only have Flash in Chrome, and Twitch doesn't properly work in FF using html5 yet.

I've never bothered looking into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if there would be an extension to help with that. I know that at work we use a chrome extension that automatically opens some intranet sites in IE.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Avenging Dentist posted:

Type "%" in the location bar to restrict the location bar's search to open tabs.

Wow, thanks for this!

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Im_Special posted:

My tip for Lastpass users

That's pretty smart.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

This popped up on my RSS feed

https://github.com/keraf/NoCoin

Which is an addon that's kinda like Adblock but it specifically blocks buttcoin miners in your browser.

I am speechless because I can't believe that this is actually a thing that is needed but apparently this is the world we live in now. Pirate Bay is an example of a website serving up such mining scripts, and if they are/can do it then I assume that all the shady poo poo tier advertisement networks are doing it too.

Iridium (the replacement for YouTube Centre) just popped up a notice asking if they can use my computer to start mining... well, at least they asked. Let's see how long it takes for them to just start doing it anyway.

EDIT: https://github.com/ParticleCore/Iridium/issues/189

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Bit the bullet. I want the close tab button removed from all tabs, even the current tab.

code:
.tab-close-button {
    display: none !important;
}
is not cutting it.

One other major thing: how can I scroll through tabs using the mouse wheel when hovering over the tab bar?

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Zenostein posted:

CTR's collection of CSS hacks

Thanks, it's working now.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've still not found a way to allow me to scroll my mouse wheel on the tab bar to switch tabs. Anyone?

Also, I think the only SALR feature I am really missing is the feature that put threads with unread topics first in my bookmarks. Is there any way to get this feature through a Grease/Violent monkey script?

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

xamphear posted:

Impossible with WebExtensions. Unless you use Tree Style Tab and install another addon that enables wheel scrolling in TST itself, and not the actual tab bar.

Well crap. Guess it's just a muscle memory to unlearn then.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Knormal posted:

I just saw a commercial on TV for Firefox 57. Huh.

Got an ad for this on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast. That was weird.

I never had a problem with the speed of Firefox, but I do notice the difference now. Not sure the milliseconds difference was worth all the extension breaking bullshit though. Lot of time wasted switching and configuring extensions and tracking down userchrome code.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

I use the UK keyboard format, but just changed to the US one to try things out and same thing happens.

I’ve noticed the same thing on a Scandinavian keyboard.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Firefox is now telling me that Stylish is going to slow down my installation or is unsafe.

https://robertheaton.com/2018/07/02/stylish-browser-extension-steals-your-internet-history/

What should I be using?

EDIT: Maybe I actually disabled that extension a while ago for some other reason.

EDIT2: Nope, I had not. I only used one style and it was easy enough to import into https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/styl-us/

Pilsner posted:

undo close tab with a shortcut key.

Ctrl+T to open a new tab, Ctrl+Shift+T to undo closing a tab.

LampkinsMateSteve fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jul 4, 2018

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Tehran 1979 posted:

Can't screenshot it. Soon as you hit the alt key it closes the menus.

Just press the print screen button, paste into Paint, then take a cropped screenshot of the screenshot.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Professor Shark posted:

I’m setting Firefox up on my sexy new computer and trying to optimize it like my old Firefox.

Do you not have access to your old computer at all? You can copy your old profile folder over and all your settings and saved information are reproduced exactly. I think it even opens the same tabs you had opened when you transferred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Fangs404 posted:

Agreed. YouTube Premium is great. If you watch YouTube on a streaming box
Most of my YouTube watching is on my iPad. Maybe it's just my territory, but I have not seen an ad that is not skippable after 5 seconds. Sometimes there are two adverts, but it's rare. Are there places where they force you to watch the full ad? I guess the background playing would be useful in some cases. I don't suppose Picture-in-Picture is available either?