Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

I'm sure this has been asked many times over but didn't see anything for the last few pages. I used Firefox for years until the end of last year when suddenly it started getting really sluggish, especially switching tabs seemed a bit slow as if it had to load it from memory again etc. I switched to Chrome as Adblock plus was available as a extension and have been fairly happy using that for the past six months.

How are the latest versions of Firefox? I know I could download it and try it for myself, but its never slow to begin with, its always a few weeks into using it that it slows right down and requires a profile wipe to get nifty again, is the general consensus that its gotten a bit faster? My main gripe with Chrome is that although it really annoyed me at first, I grew to quite like Firefox's awesome bar and able to recall previously visited sites in just a few keystrokes and no Chrome addon really replicates it as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

crestfallen posted:

It's better overall. FF gets a little better with every release. You'll be the best judge though.

Also, fauxbar is a Chrome add-on that will do what you want. Not as convenient as being the default location bar behavior, but it works basically exactly like FF.

Thanks! Maybe I'll give it another whirl, it's been so long since I used it last that I've forgotten, but there were some things I recall missing when I first switched to Chrome that FF has.