Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

Waffnuffly posted:

Interesting - I hadn't heard of Waterfox before. How does it compare to Pale Moon?

I like Pale Moon (x64) better. It seemed faster, auto-updated properly, and I had less miscellaneous weird problems. There wasn't much difference, and much of it may be fixed/changed (this was a few months ago), but that's my unscientific study.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

kapinga posted:

Also, third party builds are not compatible with Firefox Sync (Mozilla's restriction). I suppose if you found a third party sync server, that would do, but I didn't think it was worth it.

I have no issues with synch on Pale Moon (x64). about :config shows what appears to be the Mozilla server

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

Left Ventricle posted:

if it's just me

I've noticed it in general with either the new FF or one of the recent Flash updates. The trapping of keystrokes/mouse scroll happens on youtube, and clicking outside the video box seems to work sporadically.

I also get frequent tearing and blanked out video control bar.

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

298298 posted:

Now every time I full screen a video it launches a whole new tab for the video where the taskbar is hiding half the controls. Reinstalled flash and nada. Doesn't do it in IE/Chrome.

Why do you do this to me firefox, I just want to love you. Please let me love you.

I noticed that too, though I don't get a new tab - Flash only gets a taskbar entry. Tearing and other annoyances still present and accounted for.

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

I like tabs on the bottom because I oftentimes find myself browsing in a RDP session. Having that drat RDP info bar pop down when I go to change a tab is annoying. I do realize this makes me an rear end in a top hat edge-case, so nobody gives a poo poo.

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

Lum posted:

How can I make Firefox do this?

Here's what the code looks like: http://pinvoke.net/default.aspx/kernel32/SetThreadExecutionState.html

You could write a quick command line app in C# that prevents it:

code:
SetThreadExecutionState(ExecutionState.EsContinuous | ExecutionState.EsSystemRequired);
Console.ReadLine();
SetThreadExecutionState(ExecutionState.EsContinuous);
That probably doesn't answer your question, though.

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

fivre posted:

Seriously, change what engine the search bar uses, type a search into the address bar, and marvel as it searches whatever's selected in the search bar.

But it doesn't (as far as I can tell) do the auto-complete on searches. With Google having my entire life on file, I find the auto-complete does an excellent job of figuring out what I want. Though I've given up any sense of privacy, it sure is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

Mozilla has to realize, with Firefox's puny market share, that the vast majority of users are somewhat-advanced, that is, the type of people that choose to use it over the simplicity of Chrome. Those advanced users are the exact type to hate crap like auto-suggested extensions. Features like that are unlikely to pull anyone towards FF, so why bother creating them?