Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Picture in picture lets you float a video over say a game. So you can do your weekly raid that you've done a million times while watching a youtube video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

FRINGE posted:

Yeah so much better than fixing all the UI deficits that require 3rd party tricks and manual application of CSS scripts to solve.

Just put videos over those.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I have a strange problem that I'm not really sure when it started. Some sites, Youtube TV and Pluto TV that I've found so far, are showing data to me as if I'm in GMT time zone.

This is from Youtube TV, right now. The guide thinks my local time is a little after 5pm. It's really 11am, as you can see from the Fox 9 News at 11am. The guide on Pluto does the same thing.

If I do a search and then visit any website that displays the time, those sites are able to determine my correct TZ, CST/CDT. So Youtube and Pluto are pulling something else.

I've tried turning off tracking protection and disabling ublock. And in Chrome, things work correctly. Any ideas on something to look for?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Avenging Dentist posted:

Some troubleshooting steps:
  • Do you have "privacy.resistFingerprinting" set to true? I think that sets your time zone to GMT.
  • Open the scratchpad (Shift+F4), type "new Date().toString()", and hit Ctrl+L to display the result. Does the time zone in the output look right?

Ah, it was the privacy.resistFingerprinting setting. Thanks!

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Klyith posted:

From reddit, this UserChrome.css copypaste will disable the embiggening effect that happens when you focus the megabar. Between this and turning off openViewOnFocus, I'm ok with the new bar.

code:
/* Disable urlbar expansion on focus */

#urlbar[breakout-extend]{top:calc((var(--urlbar-toolbar-height) - var(--urlbar-height)) / 2)!important;left:calc((var(--urlbar-toolbar-width) - var(--urlbar-width)) / 2)!important;width:100%!important}

#urlbar[breakout-extend] #urlbar-input-container{height:calc(var(--tab-min-height) - 3px)!important;padding:0px!important}

.urlbarView{margin:0px!important;width:100%!important}

.urlbarView-row{padding:0px!important}

This about :config line from above disabled that for me, you have to restart firefox for it to work:
browser.urlbar.update1; set to False

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Klyith posted:

Yeah, but that just gives you the old awesomebar. Not the same thing. The browser.urlbar.update1 pref will probably not be available forever, as the awesomebar is another XUL holdover and they're removing those parts bit by bit.

In this case I'd rather move to the new thing and bash it into usability, and not rely on an old thing that mozilla is trying to get rid of. Pull the bandaid off quick.

Ah, I guess I don't really know what changed about the bar except for it getting big on focus and the dropdown appearing. I just made those 2 config changes and that's good enough for me.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Guess I'll post this here too, maybe its Firefox and there's some config thing I can change?

On my mac:
If I have a Firefox window open on my main display and have a second window open in fullscreen on my second monitor, the main display while Firefox has focus will hide the menu bar and dock. Safari does not have this same behavior.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Sab669 posted:

Ugh, I made a typo when trying to go to a Reddit page and now that url is always the first to show up in the address bar no matter how many times I navigate to the correct subreddit.

I went into the History and accidentally clicked "Forget about this site" on the misspelled entry rather than "Delete this page" so now my username and password were deleted and everything.

Any way to undo this? I never tied an email to my account so I can't just recover my password.

In the address bar, start typing so the url you want to remove appears in the list, arrow down to it and press shift+delete.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Is there a way to change the default location of the picture-in-picture window? It always opens in the lower-right corner, can I have it open instead in the upper-left?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

How do I fix the font rendering problem that I only get here? Sometimes scrolling will fix it. I noticed when Firefox updated to 82, for the rest of that session it never happened so I thought it was fixed. But it's back again.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Flipperwaldt posted:

I just block any calls to fonts.googleapis.com from this site. You can do this in uBlock origin.

Thanks, this is working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Ok, I've turned on WebRender and stopped blocking web fonts here. Going to see how this works out.