Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Is the Firefox SALR extension still being developed? The new forums update has screwed up how it renders the quick quote/post/reply buttons and search thread box.

I'd ask in the Firefox SALR thread but it's in the archives now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

astral posted:

I looked into this more closely since just adding vertical-align to the buttons we insert made it still be a pixel off, and it appears lowtax added vertical-aligns to both the anchors and the images in the anchors which somehow bumps their images about a pixel off of where ours would be when I just vertical-align those. It looks like the easiest solution will be removing a few of the vertical-aligns. I'll see what I can do later today.

Awesome! Thanks!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

FRINGE posted:

This matters a lot to me and it should be such an easy thing to do.

Same. I won't switch Firefox 57 until it lets me put the tabs on the bottom.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Tornhelm posted:

You say that, but living without SALR has been painful as gently caress.

Wait is SALR not coming to New Firefox?

Yet another reason to never upgrade.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, between no SALR, no mouse gestures, no Tab Mix Plus, and no middle mouse scroll (:confused: how did this break of all things in a version change), this poo poo sucks.

I have turned off auto-updates and will not be updating to 57+ until it is Not poo poo and SALR works with it.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

loga mira posted:

Do they have a gas leak at Mozilla.

Mozilla really, really, really trying to get me to abandon them even after I've been using their browser since before it was called Firefox.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ola posted:

Uncheck it, and their attempt will be in vain.

I also unchecked highlights, and checked show two rows under top sites. Looks fine.

That's not the point.

The point is they shouldn't be including poo poo like that in here.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ola posted:

I too wish software didn't include stupid poo poo. I once installed the Ask Toolbar on accident for crying out loud. But as a civilization, we are far past the point where any software doesn't. Stupid poo poo in software is like traffic jams or HR meetings, appreciate the moments when you can swiftly and quietly opt out.

It really undermines the case for Firefox though.

With them destroying the extension economy and starting to include the same things people hate about Chrome/Edge, and still not being as resource-efficient as Chrome, I'm not sure what the market for Firefox is.

It's very frustrating. I really want to keep using Firefox but they keep making it more and more difficult to justify not jumping to Chrome.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

iospace posted:

The one thing I would love (personally as a mod) is this: rap sheet link again on the profile page and "custom titles" for users which is useful for keeping track of avatar/name changes for problematic users.

The "hide avatar" button is helpful too in case people have borderline nsfw titles.

The search in thread is great too. Really pretty much everything in SALR is great except gesture navigation but I say that because I don't use it so I can't really judge.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

dont be mean to me posted:

52 ESR. Keep in mind that 55 did something to user profiles and you'd have to start fresh on 52.

Not 56; 56 will desperately try to update because it's not even getting patched for security anymore.

The next ESR is 59, and while the old ESR will linger for a while alongside the new, it won't be more than one or two point releases, so legacy SALR has about four or five months left to live.

I will hold out forever on 56 and they can't make me update :colbert:

This whole thing reeks of gross project mismanagement.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Does anyone have any issues where they leave a post in the preview window for a while and when you hit post it fails to post (the browser just constantly tries to submit and eventually nothing happens)?

Trying to figure out if it's a problem with the internet at my house, the forums themselves or Firefox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

where the red fern gropes posted:

I went to about :config, typed normandy, changed run_interval_seconds to 60, and a moment later my addons came back. Then i changed it back to 21600

ymmv

this worked for me as well, extensions are back.