Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Implied Consent
Jul 6, 2006
The gear icon next to the upload button in the top right. It added itself to the bottom of Youtube's menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Implied Consent
Jul 6, 2006
These menus are part of the HTML5 Specification. It seems only Firefox supports them at the moment, and there's no preference (yet?) to disable them.

You could write a greasemonkey script that would remove the contextmenu attribute from every element on a page, though the JavaScript on the page could always mess with this I suppose. Personally I would buy a mouse with a back button.

Edit: ^^^ The dom.event.contextmenu.enabled preference doesn't apply to these menu items.

Edit 2: I wrote a greasemonkey script for MDN. Really simple in this case since it's one menu attached to the body tag.
code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Disable MDN Menus
// @description Disables added context menu items from MDN
// @include     http://developer.mozilla.org/*
// @include     https://developer.mozilla.org/*
// @version     1
// @grant       none
// ==/UserScript==

(function () {
document.body.removeAttribute("contextmenu") 
}());

Flipperwaldt posted:

Unless you're using Menu Editor apparently v:v:v

It wont restore menu items you've changed with Menu Editor, it'll just remove the ones a site has added.

I used to use Menu Editor, but it had a tendency to screw things up. Now I use a custom userstyle to hide menu items I never use (including back).

Implied Consent fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 2, 2014

Implied Consent
Jul 6, 2006
Beated! :argh:

Implied Consent
Jul 6, 2006
Well if it makes you feel any worse, I prefer my approach and it works fine for me! :)

Implied Consent
Jul 6, 2006
I use the following userstyle and it works fine for me.
code:
@-moz-document url-prefix(http), url-prefix(https), url-prefix(ftp), url-prefix(file) {
  img:-moz-broken {
    -moz-force-broken-image-icon: 1;
/*  If you always want to collapse the image size:
    width: 24px;
    height: 24px;
*/
  }
}
Though if the image lacks size attributes it'll collapse down to 24x24px and you won't be able to read the alt text.*

It used to be the case that if a broken image had no alt text it still wouldn't show an icon, giving no indication there was supposed to be an image there. That was an issue on these forums because Waffle Images. It seems that behaviour's changed in Firefox now, though I still prefer the old (old) way of always having the icon and border visible to make it obvious that something's missing.

* I also use a greasemonkey script that copies the alt text to the title attribute if no title is present so the alt text will appear as a tooltip.

Implied Consent
Jul 6, 2006
I don't understand all the complaints. Version 29 looks great to me.

(With a few tweaks.)

Implied Consent
Jul 6, 2006
I'm using Classic Theme Restorer, Tab Mix Plus, Status-4-Evar and some custom CSS.

From the previous page:

jeeves posted:

Now if only I could find a way to remove the animations from when you open the bookmark menu or such. It's slight, but it is drat annoying to someone that turns off all animations by default.

I use the following CSS to disable most (all?) of the annoying animations:
code:
* {
 transition-property: none !important;
}

Implied Consent
Jul 6, 2006

Flipperwaldt posted:

This interferes with TabMixPlus dynamically adding a close button to the pointed at tab. You still get a button, but it hasn't got an x in it and it's all narrow and suppository-shaped.

I just did a test and I didn't see the same issue. That CSS rule is a nuke-all-animations-from-orbit rule though so it could have undesired effects. I've been using it for a long time and haven't had any problems though.

I hate UI animations. I'm pretty sure they're the reason I kill.

Edit: The following code is more specific to the sliding and fading panel things:
code:
.panel-arrowcontainer {
  transition-property: none !important;
}

Implied Consent fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 30, 2014

Implied Consent
Jul 6, 2006
YouTube has switched to HTML5 video for me too and now 1080p seems to no longer be a thing.* I'm on FF35 and I was under the impression that it wouldn't be supported until the next release. Perhaps that is the case.

With regard to YouTubeCenter (it's great), I'd bet there'll never be another stable version because YouTube are constantly changing poo poo and breaking it.

* It amuses me slightly that Chrome is also unable to play 1080p video because of a DXVA bug.

Implied Consent
Jul 6, 2006

Alereon posted:

Yes, the latest HTTP DASH enhancements are required for better than 720p now, these are slated for Firefox 37.
Jesus, it's taking forever for Mozilla to get their poo poo together when it comes to MSE.

Alereon posted:

Weird, playback is very smooth for me on a GTX 680 and i7 4790k, perhaps this is related to combination of slow CPUs, bad drivers, and chrome doing work on a thread poorly chosen for blocking characteristics.
I have a modern system and have no problems playing 1080p60 content with DXVA (or software rendering) in other software, it's just chrome. 720p60 is fine but 1080p60 is a slideshow.

Implied Consent
Jul 6, 2006
So now YouTube have switched me back to the flash player. I'd disabled the plug-in too. Oh well, at least I get 1080p.

Implied Consent
Jul 6, 2006
Start a conversation?