Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Was not expecting that ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

someone bumped the jig

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Obviously the pieces were cut in the wrong place.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Was not expecting that ending.

It's probably sprinkler water rather than sewage. That stuff just sits in a line getting gross.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

there wolf posted:

It's probably sprinkler water rather than sewage. That stuff just sits in a line getting gross.

I've seen one of those pipes go, it smells just as bad as sewage.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Ah weird why didn't your husband like the "favela electrical pole" aesthetic? Is he an insurance adjuster or something?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I too love to create a lovely transformer on my ceiling.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

Ah weird why didn't your husband like the "favela electrical pole" aesthetic? Is he an insurance adjuster or something?

Are those burn marks on the ceiling?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Looks like water damage.

e: also a fan of that wall paneling stuff behind the cow painting that looks like what you see in very lovely gas station bathrooms.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Don’t dox my cow themed plastic wall paneled popcorn ceiling etsy bull horn light aesthetic.

Edit also thanksgiving is now in September, deal with it.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
It’s a “manufactured home” or a trailer.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

canyoneer posted:

God I'm so tired of all these amateur artists who try to build poo poo out of plumbing supplies for no reason except they saw it on loving instagram or etsy.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

corgski posted:

I too love to create a lovely transformer on my ceiling.

The lack of lampshades is a wonderful touch, too.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

PurpleXVI posted:

God I'm so tired of all these amateur artists who try to build poo poo out of plumbing supplies for no reason except they saw it on loving instagram or etsy.

My sister’s an interior designer for some pretty big money high-falutin people and companies, and let me tell you, there’s no end to the joy I get sending poo poo like this to her “to put in her back pocket”

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

PurpleXVI posted:

The weird part is that's a commercial light fixture that already comes with fasteners to hang each bulb at whatever height you want. I wonder if they thought they were being creative, or just got it from Wal-Mart on clearance because it was missing all the clips.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

devicenull posted:

Are those burn marks on the ceiling?

It's the shadow of the fixture

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Who would play a game like this? It's like Sim Tractor. Incredibly boring, yet also, incredibly wrong. If you want to fix up a house, fix up a house. Fix up your own house, learn a trade, do something of value.

The game seriously has you replacing an ancient threaded fuse. The house needs a new panel dammit. What the hell were those push-in wiring connections? There were no studs in that wall that is smashed up with a sledge. Is this Grover House?

It's like teaching someone wrong on purpose. "Now kids, test to see if a circuit has power by sticking your dick in a light socket. You'll know if it's hot then."

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

mostlygray posted:

Who would play a game like this? It's like Sim Tractor. Incredibly boring, yet also, incredibly wrong. If you want to fix up a house, fix up a house. Fix up your own house, learn a trade, do something of value.

The game seriously has you replacing an ancient threaded fuse. The house needs a new panel dammit. What the hell were those push-in wiring connections? There were no studs in that wall that is smashed up with a sledge. Is this Grover House?

It's like teaching someone wrong on purpose. "Now kids, test to see if a circuit has power by sticking your dick in a light socket. You'll know if it's hot then."

It's called House Flipper not "properly addressing home maintenance backlog" so doing things the cheapest, most half-assed way that looks good on a 10 minute walkthrough is pretty accurate.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

brugroffil posted:

It's called House Flipper not "properly addressing home maintenance backlog" so doing things the cheapest, most half-assed way that looks good on a 10 minute walkthrough is pretty accurate.

I really like how the yard looks just as lovely before the flip as it does after.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

brugroffil posted:

Is there a loot box with 200-return trips to the hardware store?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I want to play the houseflipper game as realistically as possible.

Check out my speedrun, ultra low budget challenge

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

brugroffil posted:

see also car mechanic simulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykSzQ0utxtg

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Software developers rarely know anything about the field for which they are developing. This is why tech bros ignore regulations and end up killing people whenever they get close to health fields after promising a paradigm shift in six months and poo poo out a fart app.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
that happened to me once (gross ceiling water.) for whatever reason, the people upstairs used their tub as a kitchen sink and would just ram all the food scraps down the drain

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Arms_Akimbo posted:

that happened to me once (gross ceiling water.) for whatever reason, the people upstairs used their tub as a kitchen sink and would just ram all the food scraps down the drain

Tubs are good for many things. In college, it was my laundry machine.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

canyoneer posted:

I want to play the houseflipper game as realistically as possible.

Check out my speedrun, ultra low budget challenge

The appeal value for granite countertops is busted in the .ini file; it's set to 777 when everything else is out of 100 so it's probably a typo.
Just spam granite countertops on any surface that the game will let you place it and the you will always be able to close no matter how lovely the rest is.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

~Coxy posted:

The appeal value for granite countertops is busted in the .ini file; it's set to 777 when everything else is out of 100 so it's probably a typo.
Just spam granite countertops on any surface that the game will let you place it and the you will always be able to close no matter how lovely the rest is.

To be honest, this sounds pretty true to real life.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/bigshika/status/1306835178136899584

I don't speak Japanese, but you really don't need to to be able to appreciate this one.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Bigger image:

I have never considered the idea of making a toilet room the one corridor which connects the apartment, but then I'm not an architect.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

By popular demand posted:

Bigger image:

I have never considered the idea of making a toilet room the one corridor which connects the apartment, but then I'm not an architect.

Weirdest thing is, it seems like there's plenty of space for the toilet in what I assume is the bathroom just to the right, just wtf

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

nurmie posted:

Weirdest thing is, it seems like there's plenty of space for the toilet in what I assume is the bathroom just to the right, just wtf

A bunch of older houses in the UK have the toilet in its own tiny room next to the bathroom like that. They usually only have one door though!

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Renaissance Robot posted:

A bunch of older houses in the UK have the toilet in its own tiny room next to the bathroom like that. They usually only have one door though!

Yeah that's the case as well with most larger flats (like 2+ bedrooms) in Soviet-built blocks all over Eastern Europe. I don't think I've ever seen a separate toilet room with more than one entrance though, much less it being the literal hub connecting all rooms of the flat lol

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Renaissance Robot posted:

They usually aren't the only way to get between all of the other rooms too.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

nurmie posted:

Japanese houses always have a separate room for the toilet.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

~Coxy posted:

"OK, so you'll see a lot of different flooring types here, and you may be tempted to experiment with it, but if you're min/maxing correctly you gotta pick the cheapest laminate. The other stuff costs a lot more but doesn't add a proportionate amount of appeal value. If you get a lucky roll and get an original hardwood floor when the house is generated, put the laminate in anyway instead of refinishing it.

There's supposed to be a significant appeal penalty for putting laminate or carpet in kitchens and bathrooms, but the laminate is glitched and it doesn't apply the penalty."

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The Chairman posted:

Japanese houses always have a separate room for the toilet.

Is there also a cultural reason not to use the kitchen area as a corridor like so:

Apologies for bad image manipulation on tablet.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Is there also a cultural reason not to use the kitchen area as a corridor like so:

Apologies for bad image manipulation on tablet.

I'm pretty sure it's just terrible architecture, there's a whole trend of bafflingly-placed toilets in cheap Japanese apartments, like this one where the front door opens to the toilet

or this one where your bathroom is across the public hallway

or one where the toilet and the sink are three rooms apart

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Well goddamn, turns out I haven't ever lived in a truly lovely apartment.

Though that pizza slice shaped domicile might be attractive for some.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

~Coxy posted:

The programmers tried to chmod, but they accidentally chudmodded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Well goddamn, turns out I haven't ever lived in a truly lovely apartment.

Though that pizza slice shaped domicile might be attractive for some.

Willing to forgive that one, because gently caress if I know any decent way to organize an apartment that shape. Just do whatever.