Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Nobody is somehow hiding URLs in a UPC barcode sticker because that is literally not how UPC codes work but go off I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Now now, this isn't an illegal trash dump we're talking about here.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

By questionable you mean awesome right?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Nevets posted:

I like the eco-friendly cellulose brake pads. Inexpensive, good for the environment, and when you have to make a sudden stop you the cloud of smoke and flames act as an additional warning signal to drivers behind you.

If it works for trains, trolleys, and subway cars, why not use it for personal automobiles?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

that lends a whole new meaning to drill press

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

mycomancy posted:

Jesus Christ what kind of psychopath asks for two-fifths of one pound of meat? :psyduck:

The kind that knows asking for three fifths is in bad taste.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

4:47 is the rare reverse beatmastrJ

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Lead out in cuffs posted:

They'll probably ask close to $2mil for the place.

Holy poo poo that looks like it could’ve been any of the worker housing from turn of the century iron works, just with bigger windows.

I used to drive by entire blocks of that stuff condemned and boarded up because the slumlords finally stopped caring about basic maintenance and the city had no money to tear it down.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Here's some previews of a house that may end up being a future thread in this group.

How not to vent a gas water heater

I am here for this hello kitty X flex seal crossover event

The electrician will be back sometime we swear

He's just out shopping for more NM cable to put in the heating ducts

There's other fun stuff that I'm not sharing yet pending an engineer's report, but suffice to say this place should be a very fun very bad decision. :v

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

That's just maximalism, everything works together in a sorta eclectic way and there's not a single fecal lasagna in sight.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

They liked the padded room so much they brought it home with them.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

What's up with the window AC unit on the rear above the dryrot, did they run out of duct halfway through the build or did they just put too small a system in?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

I’d pee worried if I were you.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Also if you drop a tool from height you have to beat it down and catch it.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

If I were that wall I’d collapse just out of humiliation.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

What section of the NEC covers screw taps, I wonder.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

corgski posted:

This thread is on fire and I am even more surprised this house isn't. :supaburn:

(living room chimney looking up)

Crossposting from my house thread: One of the fireplaces in my house from the late teens has a piece of wood just hanging out in the smoke box right behind the lintel. It's been there for a while too if the soot and creosote buildup is anything to go by.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

#1 and #2 were the first two things I encountered in this house. :gonk:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

poo poo I wasn’t even alive when those plugs were banned. :j:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

On a more serious note, it's amazing we finally have a photo of the author of Animorphs.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Noooo, the light, it burns!!!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Grovercode is clearly written in QB64

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

I once had manage an embedded media controller (for like, digital signage) that ran Windows CE and could only run VBScript. It also spent the part of its life before I got my hands on it with a public IP address.

So yes, it’s entirely for writing email worms.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

If there’s not a groverhaus discord yet there needs to be one

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

tater_salad posted:

Gunna miss this place guyiz

There’s a DIY discord now come join us

https://discord.gg/r8nswBK

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

I agree but spinning up a discord is much faster than making a new forum with new load bearing slurs.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Discord is the social distancing.

The vaccine is in another forum.

:emptyquote:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Break it and you'll have a path for conduit! :pseudo:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

You have my :10bux:. It's a far cry from goon aircraft carrier, but perhaps a thousand goons collectively owning 2500 sq ft will result in its own hilarity.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

poo poo, maybe once Jeffrey has the LLC set up to take over SA's assets, we can transfer the title into the new LLC, and this could be officially a goonhaus

Make the mods live there and produce a reality tv show a la the real world, what could go wrong? It'll be a fantastic new way to monetize the forums!

corgski fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 11, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

It's a square ~19" on a side, floor to ceiling.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Just call Colin Furze and have him install a bunker or ten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQy89tZ-mRU

Or that redditor who buried a shipping container because creating enclosed space hazards is a great idea.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Motronic posted:

The only thing that's actually correct in that entire thing is the bonding on the neutral bar. It's even a real neutral bar. What are you talking about here?

It's a real neutral bar but not where you would ever want one, even if it were in a junction box - shared neutrals cause all sorts of problems with AFCIs that weren't designed for it and will instantly trip GFCI and DFCI/combo breakers.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

StormDrain posted:

Pretty much ideal.

I'd make a lot of money off the sort of idiot who'd want it, but please don't ever do this.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm just thinking about how much heat those TVs would put out

Yup, assume about 100w per screen between the 4k TVs themselves and the signal distribution hardware, plus who knows what the power draw would be for the the distributed rendering needed to push dynamic content at anything approaching an acceptable frame rate to a 23040x6480 display matrix.

If you just wanted a static image or pre-rendered content it gets a little less power hungry, but if you're going to spend $100k on a bedroom, you should have the ability to display milkdrop at full resolution.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Don't use TVs and instead use modular pixel screens boom done.

love my 0.25" dot pitch.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Are load-bearing windows better or worse than load-bearing drywall?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

I don’t like wago connectors either. As we were undoing some of the PO’s DIYed electrical in our house I showed my fiancé how bad they were by just yanking the conductors right out of the back.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Run a grow op in the jail.

And when legal weed comes to MO it'll become a dispensary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

I’m used to the growers in the rural areas I’ve lived being the good ol’ boys themselves who just happen to get a pass from everyone because they’re also running the FD or the borough’s sole heavy equipment operator or whatnot. Anyone else who tries to edge in on their turf gets staties weaponized against them but weirdly everyone keeps the secret for their buddy at the borough office.