Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ANMAN
May 24, 2007
ehhh...meh
My father's old buddy said his family was pouring the foundation for a new hip roofed hay barn way back when. Being a small town their father knew the cement truck drivers who were building a highway bridge near by. That bridge cement is like the ultimate cement I guess and can only stay in the truck for a certain amount of time before it's worthless for the bridge project. Of course the pour has to be constant and trucks have to be queuing up and waiting constantly...many trucks went over due. So instead of it going to waste, the farmer had them pour the barn foundation (for free when nobody was looking).

That poo poo was made of neutron stars and the old fart still laments how much work it was to work with it.

E: A neighbor's very large barn addition was going to be built on a couple acres of fill they had dumped that spring. Luckily the owner was stopped from construction by a wise contractor: The fill had settled 2-3 feet over the winter. Today the new barn sits a few feet over and a few feet down from the old. I couldn't imagine how bad it would have been if they were connected.

ANMAN fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU