Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

ullerrm posted:

So, a flipper got burned on a sight-unseen purchase and thinks that random people on the internet should help him continue to make pure profit. ... who am I kidding, he'll probably get it.

The article posted:

Tim said one neighbor offered to host a fundraiser and another offered to launch a Kickstarter campaign to help the couple. He said they aren’t pursuing the offers.

Serial flipping is lovely, and yeah, this guy finally got the short straw, but factually he seems not to be trying to get Kickstarter to fix it for him, even though they actually might.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

The caption on that imgur album is "pretty good for a guy that works at a bank" and I feel like that's all I needed to read to understand it.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Is the problem that the padlock thinger is bent so that the switch is inoperable?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

frozenpussy posted:

from reddit

House had no proper ground, Electricity grounds out through Gas line

This is totally fine exactly until your gas line springs a leak.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

If I was going to spend a personal fortune to build a crazy mansion to grow old and die in, the result would look a bit like that house.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Before I dive into this thing - holy poo poo, why steel wool? You know that poo poo catches on fire with any kind of electrical current, right?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah what's wrong here?

Oh well cinderblocks got mentioned. Time to repost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGjA66RSm0

flosofl posted:

Was it this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4QI1itQCw0

Around 2 minutes for the start of nail magic.

EDIT: God drat it. There goes my day. Now I have to watch the entire series. Again.

GotLag posted:

Yes, that's the guy, Larry Haun.
:rip:

Saving all this for later. :rip: Mr. Haun.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I tried so loving hard to get a picture of this thing when I was there, but the room was too dark for my phone. Thanks for posting this.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

are we allowed to emptyquote in this forum

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

does anybody have the kitchen with a toilet in it? like, built into the cabinetry. it was dozens of pages back and I have no idea how to search for it

EDIT: thanks both, it had to be the cabinet one

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 26, 2019

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

good post otherwise

I'm jealous that you can do the stairs-behind-couch gag for real

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

trophy contains live termites

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Youth Decay posted:

a white void boxmansion now.

this is the only crappy construction in this post. vaya con dios, you homely adonis

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

cool cracks in that beam. just gonna, go outside, now

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

this actually owns, I want this in my house

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

groverhaus is technically functional, but inefficiently uses features and materials, to questionable ends

thus grovercode is: bogosort

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I was so distracted by the rafters I didn't even notice the whole toilet/bathroom situation for an extra three or four seconds. solid comedy timing

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

it's for storing taco bell fire sauce

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Proteus Jones posted:

Sounds like tract housing, where a developer will build out a suburb/neighborhood using the same few plans with little variance. Sometimes they will mirror the plans so you get some houses that look "reversed" in layout.

It really took off in the 40s when housing demand went through the roof. Developers could build houses faster and cheaper if they adhered to a common plan and building materials for every house. These aren't so much kit houses as much as a developer having set a standard style for their projects.

Kits are more like what you can buy through Menards, Lowes or Home Depot. They sell the plans and all the materials as a single package. It's then on you to provide the land and builders. I think house kits were originally sold by Sears as mail order during the push into the US West. You'd send in a catalog number and wire money, and a month or so later the plans and all the materials would arrive by rail.

you should read the article, tbqh

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

cakesmith handyman posted:

Staple 100m of EL wire to the ceiling in cursive script, illuminate your life with live love laugh.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

think you meant this

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

held up surprisingly well, given the circumstances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007