Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rasputin on the Ritz
Jun 24, 2010
Come let's mix where Rockefellers
walk with sticks or um-ber-ellas
in their mitts
Hey I can finally contribute.

here's what the previous owner did to a wall of our living room:

That top outlet is level with my face, so call it five feet off the floor.

It's obviously for a wall-mounted TV, but we could find no evidence of a bracket ever being installed. It must have been in a big rear end entertainment center or something. The ducting that the little brush thing is hanging off has two DVI cables in it. Full sound hookup on the bottom that leads . . . . ?

It's also in a weird corner of the room where we don't want to have a full TV setup. It's just close enough, though, that the top plug might be useful when we get a new TV and hang it on the wall. We're waiting for that to happen before we cut that poo poo out.

edit: that top outlet is indeed crooked, it's not a trick of the weird angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasputin on the Ritz
Jun 24, 2010
in their mitts

JPrime posted:

do you have wall plates somewhere in the room? could be the other end of where that A/V setup runs but with no speakers installed?

Nooooope.

I spent the better part of an hour walking around the house when it was empty trying to figure out wtf.

I have to assume the a/v setup became obsolete and the other end removed in a reno or something. Another end of the room had some work done so :shrug: ?

Rasputin on the Ritz
Jun 24, 2010
in their mitts

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

/\ Most home depots have someone who will make custom cut length/width blinds, and it's not all that expensive.

Yeah but that requires talking to someone and waiting however long it takes to get that done, not grabbing something off the shelf and open-palm slamming a credit card while walking out the door.

Rasputin on the Ritz
Jun 24, 2010
in their mitts

CarForumPoster posted:

Yep. A minority, female service disabled veteran who lives in a hubzone, works from home and the only employee is her son who lives at home. Get in the 8(a) program.

Then you’d qualify for basically every set aside and preference.

Yeah, these exist. I don't know about one checking every box like this, but a few years back I worked for a contracting firm that was minority female vet owned. She wasn't involved in the day to day of the company at all, it was actually run by her kid who was the biggest dudebro fratboy you've ever seen.

God that company was terribly run. Could sure as hell pull down and sub-contract gigs, though.

Rasputin on the Ritz
Jun 24, 2010
in their mitts

Dienes posted:

They don't call it 'fencing' but you can find identical builds indoors. People like it for railings, half-enclosing stairways, lofts, etc.

You see it all the time in commercial construction too. It feels like every second floor foodcourt in every mall in the US had this in the 90s.

Office buildings too.

edit: this stuff:

Rasputin on the Ritz
Jun 24, 2010
in their mitts

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Love watching countries spend billions on a place that will be too hot to live in a decade.

I'm fine watching the Saudis pour money into pipe dream projects that won't go anywhere.

Beats them using it to buy more missiles from Rathyon to kill people in Yemen at least. Or murdering journalists. Or really anything else they do with their money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasputin on the Ritz
Jun 24, 2010
in their mitts

My Lovely Horse posted:

imagine coming home drunk

On the upside the kriegsmarine won’t be able to determine your range or heading.