Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Boat posted:

Oh, and no thread like this would be complete without the This Old House Home Inspection Nightmare galleries.

Holy poo poo thanks for this link

:stare: indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Knob and tube is basically kill on sight now for code, isn't it?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Neutrino posted:

If you use your kitchen to COOK then an open concept can lead to problems. I've seen too many new condos with open concept kitchens that have no ventilation or windows. Good luck trying to impress your dinner guests when you are having a fish fry.

I've got this problem when I forget to to turn on my recirc while cooking anything smokey. The smoke detector is about 20 feet away on a facing wall and very sensitive, and linked whole house.

At least they get tested pretty regularly.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

Talk about Garagezilla reminded me of the Duggar house.

Don't hate. Y'all are just jealous of their PALATIAL CUSTOM BUILT MANSION.

Interior is predictable white dude bad taste, lots of light stained wood, brass, mismatched trim and I particularly like the horrid black railing destroying anything visually interesting about the ceiling vault. But I GUAR RON TEEEEEE that those countertops are 'granite'

WE GOT A TV MOUNTED RIGHT IN THE WALL!

e- rant removed. Duggars and other Quiverfull idiots make me Hulk out.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Blistex posted:

How do they afford a house like that?

That was the substance of my rant. It's pretty much subsidized by donations from other idiots in the Quiverfull movement who know that the Duggars are the public face of the "breed breed breed" idea. There's no way a normal person could feed 19 kids on anything but a millionaire's bank account, much less build a white trash pleasure palace.

But that's a rant for another forum. Sorry to digress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Blistex posted:

The worst was when a marina built a massive three story tall, 200 foot long storage building for people who want their boats out of the weather over the winter. There was a ton of complaints and debates, and articles in the paper, but in the end it was their right to do it. Now the landscape for a few KM each way is dominated by this structure.

Let me tell you about the cleansing power of fire