Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Just popping in to say that this is the only comic I've read that's managed to take the #1 spot in my favorites away from One Piece since I started reading it 7 or so years ago :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

The Holy Queef posted:

it is, but still the first picture from the outside
makes me think each floor is a different world altogether... u see em take stairs ever?
and drat, really? outer space?

I don't think that's a picture of outside. In one of the earliest chapters you see princess Yuri running down stairs to get to the first floor, and if each floor is the size of a continent, that's probably just a flying city in the 20th floor.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
My favorite part of this chapter is when he leaves shinsoo behind where he punched the umbrella, then uses that to blast the guy. :hawaaaafap:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Volume 2, Chapter 6 is here.

Is Baam "Lurker" on the board, since it looks like the black-eyed guy hasn't gone yet? Also, the score that the admin got is pretty funny when you look at the regular's scores copared to it.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Slime posted:

Lurker is the loan shark. I only noticed it because I was just reading through the start of part 2.

Oh yeah, I see that now, it's even mentioned in the current chapter. Wonder which he is then.

Edit: My bad, I thought there were only 20 people, looking earlier in the chapter I see that there are more than 20.

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Mar 18, 2012

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

AtomikKrab posted:

Viole joins a team and then they win, this satisfies both his victory condition 2. (beat the ranker and take his connector then own the room.) and the other teams. (7 people 6 rooms last one is Yeons.)

I think the teams of 7 trying to get six rooms are trying to win the right to be Viole's teamates, not a "team wins, or Viole wins" because in V2 Ch8 he was asked to pick 7 teamates. So it'd be the team of 7 + Viole, 8 people total. Since Viole passed the 2nd test, he's already going ahead.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
v2 ch13 is out.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Volume 2, ch15 is here, and it kicks rear end.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
In the author's notes at the bottom of the latest chapter he says that there are enough clues in the previous chapters to reveal who killed Rapdevil, so if anyone feels like playing the speculation game with me:

Assuming it's not Lurker and his suspicious smile at the end of v2ch15 (though he could still be involved somehow), I think it's Goseng(the girl with the big glasses). She starts out on 2F, but by the time she gets to Wangnan on 1F she's panting tired, saying how it's taking so long. When her and Wangnan go from 1F to 2F though, she's perfectly fine again. (Rapdevil was on 5F, Baam on 6F and Teddy on 3F)Young Master went from 5F to 6F to fight Baam, so the 2 wouldn't have crossed paths.
There are a few other things, like how she was the first to recognize the FUG symbol and how she wasn't nervous at all around Baam, like while the guys were pounding on the door to get in when he was coming down the hall.
Lastly, if the chapters can taken to be in order with the unfolding events, Umbrella Guy makes it from 3F to 2F, has a long conversation with the kid and a fight with Yogurt lady before Goseng is shown making it to 1F, along with the door to Rapdevil's room opening before she makes it to 1F.
:iiam:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Sure took them a long time to translate such a short chapter. The fight's really cool so far, I'm sure the third throw is when we'll get to see some real crazy stuff, I'm pumped.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
But Wang-nan hasn't failed yet. :confused: It seemed to happen instantly with the remote press in Teddy's case, is it a double case of 'teammate's actually still alive'? Or will he dissapear right away next chapter?

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
If you go to Batoto to read the latest chapter, the author's notes at the end tell what to expect in the near future, exciting stuff.

Namely, there are about 3 chapters left in this arc, after which "we'll see the hidden story behind Viole and this test, along with the connection between the story from part 1." And after that characters from Volume 1 will start to return and a few other things.

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 7, 2012

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

:flashfap:Oh god yes:flashfap:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Furious Lobster posted:

I think it's coming close to the mark but I haven't ye found a really good villain in ToG akin to either Hisoka or Kuroro. There was Lo Po Bia Ren but he got summarily smashed into the ground.

One of his bodies at least, he could still show up again.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Serious Frolicking posted:

I don't buy that Rachel could possibly be more skilled than Koon, much less to a degree where he couldn't even notice this fact.

Unless she's actually the irregular, and not Baam. When she arrived on Haedon's floor he told her that she wasn't the one he was waiting for, and Androssi had a strange feeling about her and decided to avoid fighting her on F2. :tinfoil:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

zerosix posted:

I thought they were both irregulars. Rachel through dumb luck by unknowingly taking a door meant for Baam. and Baam by force entering the tower via is own will.

Argh, it's too hard to guess, because I still think Baam could also be Prince Zahard because of the emblem in the place where he was living, and Lero-Ro suggests that "a person from a powerfull family" may be able to manipulate shinsoo without restriction.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
In short: There's just way too much unanswered poo poo, and SIU should put out a full quality chapter every day :mad:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Apocron posted:

Seems like one of the early chapters confirms Rachel is an irregular as well

I was wondering about that too. Now the next question is how did FUG and whoever else know Baam/Rachel were going to enter the tower, to be able to set up such elaborate schemes.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
It seems like SIU has some problems with combat, I've noticed a couple times where people suddenly switch which side of their opponent they're on, or swing with one arm in one panel, and the next panel it switches.

Otherwise great chapter.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

AtomikKrab posted:

Umbrella guy switched his hand so he could grab the flower not attack, he is right handed from what I can tell

I meant Teddy in this chapter.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
The Pink Pig is Phantaminum :tinfoil:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Last week's TOG translated by The Company is out.

It has some notes from SIU at the end which clear up a few things.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Oh god, the end of that chapter :staredog:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Turns out Pandora, of Borderlands 1&2, is one of the tower's floors.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

TheDemon posted:

e2: was looking at last week's chapter from The Company and their phrasing is getting worse and worse. the speed group is just as readable, typos and all

I don't even bother with The Company anymore, I prefer the speed group's translations now, even ignoring the speed.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
For the enterprising young Quant fan.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
New chapter is out.

No author's comments on this site though.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
New chapter.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Called it (to myself) that Cassano wants to take the other half of the 'Devil' for himself.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Aesop Poprock posted:

So I've got a question: did anything ever come of Baam getting that A-rated pocket from Evan Edrok in the first few chapters?...

Nothing yet.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
I really wish more of the sites would use the 'one long strip' format rather than breaking it up into pages :geno:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
The chapter 53 blogpost says that Rak got split up from Koon, and that'd be explained later.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
I like how Hatsu is carrying around Laure like a backpack... upside down.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Well if they're strong enough to grab all those bullets from other players then they can just tie some guy up, light-shoot each other until one person is left, then have the last person dark-shoot the tied up enemy.

P.S. The more I look at Anak's eyes, the more mesmerizing they become. At first it looks like there's just light reflections on them, but then you pay attention and realize that her eyes are like that all the time :stare:
eg.

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 5, 2013

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.mangapanda.com/tower-of-god/139

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
I've pretty much given up on guessing how things will turn out, SIU always manages to throw a twist into it somehow that I don't even bother trying anymore, I just enjoy the ride. :shrug:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
I see that Mr. Rak has started to make his appearance as well :haw:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
I don't know if mangabird is good or w/e, but they have today's chapter: http://www.mangabird.com/tower-god-144

Edit: Hnnnnngh, that ending! Is it finally time to see some of the Skeleton Lobster? Or was that 'The Thorn' that they prepared for him? Or are they the same? Oh god I want more. :cry:

Also, Amigochaz confirmed, but what happened to his wings?

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 13, 2013

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Not Teddy's wings, Amigochaz's wings: http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Aleksai_Amigochaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Nope, you were right, it's Cassano that had both arms glowing while fighting Hatsu.