Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Decus posted:

ManGator done hosed it up. Hwa Ryun explained to Koon (and presumably Rak) that their bet (her bet with the other FUG faction) was only in play provided they don't reveal that Viole = Baam or that Koon = alive. Gator just said Viole = Baam with Androssi around, which is why Reflejo can now safely kill Viole's team without backlash from within FUG (what karaka wanted him to do from the beginning); the bet is off and Viole's team can only hope to get Viole if they do so by force.

Counterpoint: we all want to see FUG get hosed up anyway and FUG isn't exactly trustworthy enough to just leave well enough alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Decus posted:

What were the in-character justifications for that little conversation considering the most recent reveal? Like, to me, that's just flat-out lying to readers without any reason to do so (potentially). Did somebody's plans for the plot shift as he wrote? Or have we yet to see what side Mad Dog himself is on? If he's still out to crush FUG for real things might get really interesting.

Seems pretty easy to justify to me.

"The great slayer candidate, huh?" = They've never seen him in person before, though they are working with FUG. Appraising him. They might have to fight him later, after all.
"Heh~ He's a superstar, huh?" = Sarcasm. They plan to kill him and stuff his soul in the thorn, so she's probably amused at the people thinking he's their hero to defeat Zahard.

"He went out at midnight to calm down. If he was here, either him or the slayer candidate would be dead by now" = Mad Dog is impatient. Doesn't want to wait for the plan, would rather just subdue Baam and make him into the weapon.

As for the most recent strip: News says 3 others. Novick, Horyang, and Yuto, or did they get Ran and Yuto stayed behind?

booksnake fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 28, 2013

booksnake
May 4, 2009

The sound effect for the phone being translated definitely helped me notice where the other translation didn't. Also, the Lee Soo-Koon translation was way better written.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

I want that last page to actually be a huge rear end laser beam via Thornpower instead of what Leroro's dialogue implies.

But yeah, I think that red eye symbol is Zahard's symbol so that being put over Reflejo's blinded eyes is probably emblematic of how hosed up Zahard's grip on society is!

booksnake fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Mar 31, 2014

booksnake
May 4, 2009

We didn't get to see the fighting guitars :negative:

booksnake
May 4, 2009

It's really too bad they put Rak in the back where he can't hear any of this. I think he'd be able to snap him out of it.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Agreement: Baam snapping is pretty :gonk:

Disagreement: Baam doesn't really seem like he had been taking a lover's angle towards Rachel in the past, and while the wording in this chapter kinda supports that better, I would agree with some of the other peeps here that it's like his mom telling him he's worthless to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Ryuujin posted:

It was a banana, or yellow thing, in the webcomic. Rak apparently tried some after they were brought for Bam. Then Rachel came by to talk to Khun and asked if she could have some. So when Rak next comes by he looks for them and yells at Khun for eating all the yellow things.

It probably never would've happened anyway, because the anime is cutting out some of the extraneous jokes, but now I'm sad the anime will never get continuity between this and REAL MONSTER BORN ON A BANANA FARM