Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Run into this randomly (while reading "Girls of the Wild"), ended up devouring all chapters in a three day period.

Holy poo poo, this is a good webtoon. How is that guy producing at this quality AND quantity each episode for years? And gently caress me, I picked it up only to get bbed by a huge cliffhanger.
The next one (334-414) should be coming around new years, right? I've seen the raw posted online, don't want to watch it though before it's translated.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

AtomikKrab posted:

Every Monday,Join us!

Gladly.

With the way the chapter ended, I expect Baam to leave a lasting impression on Kallavan. It would be too early to be able to defeat a top 100 ranker like him of course (even with the whole arsenal out). Maybe Maschenny will intervene.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Elaine/Kaiser is back!! And holy poo poo, that ending quote was baneful as gently caress!

Ubiquitus posted:

All of it. Most of the panels are just jumbled color, a comic shouldn't be that convoluted.

Not too convoluted imo, and the effects/move of each character fighting is also color-coded and directional (partly for convenience I wager). I don't know man, imo SIU has done a fabulous job depicting both shinsu manipulation (if you think about how this thing works) and power creep in general. I mean, is this not a depiction of a chaotic battlefield with high rankers exchanging ridiculous shinsu attacks? The time when we used to count bangs is long gone now..

It is true though that you have to pay more attention at each panel, and that may mess with speed-readers or people racing for the speech bubbles.

ps: cool avatar/comment combo right there...XD

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jan 14, 2019

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

It is a disservice to ourselves not reading this on a portrait monitor. Got a second PC monitor last week and changed the first one to vertical, think I will start this again from the beginning. Might help with the chapter drip during this hiatus.

In other news..a wild Gustang appears. And probably gets both another Princess (Yuri) and his pawn back (Rachel). I still cannot make out whether the guy is a complete villain or not, but then again, this holds true for many characters in this webtoon. He is certainly a major antagonist though in this part of the story though, or else Jahad would not have issued an order to destroy his family.

ps: Has anyone else read Aisopos? I started it a couple of days ago and was impressed both by the art-story (being Greek myself helps I guess) as well by the fact that it is a pretty majorly underrated toon, at least in Line.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jan 21, 2019

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Yeah, pretty much. As far as looking at ToG as an Isekai, personally it never occurred to me. Looking back, I do think there are some characteristics that one can identify and are similar or identical with Isekai tropes. One of the biggest missing imo though is that one of the pillars of the Isekai genre is having the transported agent deal with the new world while relying in the experiences and the psyche that he had in the previous world. The previous world and how it has shaped the character informs his actions and the genre is partly built on the juxtaposition between the two worlds. Take for example Zipang, where the Japanese Navy people have to deal with their own ancestors, or Now and then, here and there where a spirited Kendo practicing teen is transported to a future post-apocalyptic hell-hole.

Baam does not really work that way. He starts more like an empty vessel and while it is true that his prior life and upbringing informs his actions and the way he thinks, ToG is not based on that, but focuses more on the way he matures and shapes himself while climbing the tower.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Ytlaya posted:

This isn't really nearly universal, or at least enough to be a "pillar." With modern isekai WNs, the only ones where the "previous life" even seems to matter are ones that involve introducing modern Earth technology/food. Ones that don't involve this could often just substitute the protagonist with "a person with amnesia" or something and it wouldn't really make a difference.

Don't really know man. I always associated isekai with that, but now that I think about it, you do have a point, at least as far as the more modern stuff is concerned.

Isn't it weird that Khun apparently made a mistake when addressing the two puppies? Judging by their reaction in the next panel, they might have done the old switcheroo for one reason or the other.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Purple whirpool shinsu definitely looks very nice. Fantastic work from SIU on the graphics again.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

AtomikKrab posted:

tru… they might be trying to steal the whole thing from Yama, it might have some bullshit powers or they can turn it into a weapon or something.

Two thorns and a fang?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Karaka is a stainless ball of awesome.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

It's not over yet.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

I mean, you can see the bosom bulge even in this chapter (which had the bad translation).

Bad translation + SIU pulling a fast one with Hansung ages ago made the misconception happen.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Sep 9, 2019

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

nimby posted:

I actually wouldn't be disappointed if the final fight vs Jahad is Baam pooling all his absorbed powers and one-shotting the dude.

That would be hell to draw though. People are already complaining that the battles look too shinsu busy. We are entering Pollock territory here..

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Cat vs dog was bound to happen. Especially since that guy is the one that cursed the three brothers in the first place.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

With regards to the above, Kallavan was a squadron commander, but in this chapter the caption only mentioned him as a high ranker. This may be a hint that he got sacked/demoted after failing to kill Baam?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Out: https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-35/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=453

"Why are you hitting yourself?"

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

This would be par for the course for SIU. See Beta, White, Kaiser, Karaka, Doom, Khel Hellam etc etc.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Next one is out. Lots of flowers..

Is it me, or is the artwork in this arc a little worse? Especially with regards to faces (Bamm etc.)

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

By the time this thing ends Baam will look like a pimped gaia online avatar.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

This has been done about 1000 times already, but I'm always silently giggling when filler characters suddenly realize the Bamm is more than meets the eye.
Guess that Dragonball trope never stopped being entertaining.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

There is no arrow in the bubble. If you take the last frame, it is White that said it in his head.
If you take the next frame, it should be Khun.
I think the second option makes more sense, because the next bubble begins with "anyway,"

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Looks somewhat promising. Do we know the studio?

Animation is middling, artwork and lines are chunky but fit SIUs theme well. T'would be fun to see since it's been quite some time since I read this from the start.

The first trailer music reminded me in the start of the Min'yō masterpieces in GITS 1/2.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 25, 2020

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Normally I kinda detest watching ongoing series, for two reasons.
1. I don't want to wait a week for 20 more minutes of content.
2. I keep forgetting what I saw last week.

This time I think I'll give it a try though, given the fact that I already know from the Webtoon what happens 'n' all.
I heard there were two versions of the audio (Korean and Japanese)? Which one should I go for?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Up.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-60/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=478

poo poo got real.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 4, 2020

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-65/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=483

Kallavan's joining the BAM ally club, isn't he?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Wait, isn't Kubera the one with that green haired teen and the one armed mass murderer? Hadn't that thing ended?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Thanks, think I'll pick it up again. I remember the whole plot was extremely interesting (gave me a gods vs titans mythology vibe, with no clear cut villains etc)

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Earlier than I thought. good!

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Man, that was a terrific chapter.

I almost expect to be blue-balled in the next one with another side-character round. T_T

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Yeah...too much edging lately..T_T

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

And SIU trashed his arm again by overworking and went to the hospital. sigh

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-89/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=507

ok this got dark fast..

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Yeah, I mean, the plot is really moving!

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-109/

Long-rear end chapter this time. Quite cool story too.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Annointed posted:

When I click on the link, it says that page doesn't exist.

Yeah, part of the link was not pasted. Sorry for that.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-109/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=527

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-110/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=528

and now its beastkin.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-111/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=529

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-113/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=531

Back to the present. Normally I'd be elated for that, but we didn't get to see the backstory finish so I'm kinda pissed about it.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

At this point, we are literally playing Beat 'Em and Eat 'Em.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-132/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=550

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Has anyone read/heard anything about Siu coming back?